Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Thank you for the reminder - I must do mine this weekend and then start looking for any deals on replacements (Maxtra+). Does anyone have any experience with the generic replacements available from Amazon or is it best to stick with the Brita originals?

Mine is an Optima, bought years ago in Tesco's when they sold it under their own branding with much cheaper filters than Brita. Then they stopped stocking it, so I bought a huge box of the things from eBay for much less than whatever they had cost in store. I'm sure there can't be much difference between different brands.

tyred

Legendary Member
Our big Tesco takes them in their inside recycling place.

I must have a look in Tesco's. I haven't been in years!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We have lost a lot of our manufacturing capability. A lot of companies have been bought by foreign countries , some of which were closed down and manufactured abroad. Our politicians don't realise that we can make things and prefer to buy things in .

It is like I tell people here, you may pay a bit more, but you are supporting a fellow down the road, and he in turn is supporting you as well.

I now have put together the funds to buy a new inkjet printer. I'm looking at something home office / small business as I do print out a fair bit of stuff. Ink tanks are a must, as is handling different paper sizes. And compatibility with both laptops (Lenovo Think Pad running Win 10 and Sony Vaio running Vista!) would be very useful.

Do not really need an all-in-one as I have a separate Canon Lide 220 scanner, but won't discount a printer in my budget if it does come with a scanner. Budget somewhere in the £150 - £200 range.

Epson ET-1810 is looking like a good one. Another possible is the Canon Pixma G1520. Although the slightly more expensive Epson has the edge as it's compatible with both my laptops.

Any recommendations? Thoughts? Any others I should be looking at? I've seen refurbished ones on the 'bay, but given wear and tear on printers, I think I'd rather buy new.

ok then

It seems after chemo i will have to be careful in the sun.So wot wiv being bald an all i have decided to go all Pantani Pirate like.Having a cap under my helmet seems a bit bulky,having tried a few of my baseball caps on.So i am buying these.

View attachment 717815

any w/ national logos other than the US flag? I have one with an Italian design but not their flag. dunno if I have a pic

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a rucksack full of charity shop stuff so that'll be my ride today. I'll probably divert a mile or so and see how the river levels by Kingsthorpe Moor are doing.
Billing Aquadrome has been on the national news re evacuation of a few hundred residents from mobile homes & lodges. It floods frequently but this is worse than usual, apparently!

~Drone footage & article ~

Top Bottom