Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Did you take out the extended warranty?
No, but at less than one day old I expect better.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've worked out what's happened with the train I mentioned this morning - it's not been cancelled as such but brought forward by almost an hour due to a bus replacement between Bury St. Edmunds & Ely. The only other option is to drive to Ely and catch my connecting train there instead of Peterborough.

Last edited:
Found it.

2024_01_01_Lego.jpg

Beautiful Daughter approves.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This evening I'm doing some marking. No, I'm not supposed to but need to clear a backlog.

Some are good, but some aren't. We have a ghost writer touting their services amongst my cohort of 400+ and yes, I've worked out (probably) who's bought their non-marked slides for their presentation. We have various checks and software that can help here. Why is it that those who purchase a ghost-written piece of work can't present it so fail. Maybe they can get a refund? And then they can do the work properly themselves when they do a re-sit. Oh, and that means more marking for me when I mark their re-sits. Just do it properly the first time :cursing:

This evening I'm doing some marking. No, I'm not supposed to but need to clear a backlog.

Some are good, but some aren't. We have a ghost writer touting their services amongst my cohort of 400+ and yes, I've worked out (probably) who's bought their non-marked slides for their presentation. We have various checks and software that can help here. Why is it that those who purchase a ghost-written piece of work can't present it so fail. Maybe they can get a refund? And then they can do the work properly themselves when they do a re-sit. Oh, and that means more marking for me when I mark their re-sits. Just do it properly the first time :cursing:

I haven't come across that here, but it was made clear that the teachers would check coursework against Wikipedia pages. Our lads got around that by going onto the English Wikipedia and translating it into German. I had no objection as it helped improve their English and by translating they retained more information anyway.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Perhaps the start of 2024 won't be as bad as the end of 2023 - the weather forecast for Tuesday has just shown that it should be dry for the inward cycle commute, wet while I'm at work and then clearaing just in time for the homeward commute.

Best take the waterproofs just in case knowing my luck.

Top Bottom