Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Don't do it boats are an expensive hobby

Hole in the water, and you throw money in.

It is pleasant to have the house cooler for a while. The Patient feels the cold and the house is usually too warm for my liking. It is 18 degrees at present with just a small fan heater in the lounge to keep him warm.

Casa Reynard usually runs at around 18 to 19C during the winter. Currently 18.5 according to the thermometer on the book case, which is plenty comfy enough.

I don't like it cold, but I hate it when it gets too hot. I'd rather go for another layer than crank the heating up. And of course, cranking the heating up means shovelling more wood in...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Casa Reynard usually runs at around 18 to 19C during the winter. Currently 18.5 according to the thermometer on the book case, which is plenty comfy enough.

I don't like it cold, but I hate it when it gets too hot. I'd rather go for another layer than crank the heating up. And of course, cranking the heating up means shovelling more wood in...

It is my feet and hands that might get cold. The lounge is very cosy. I will put on extra layers to go to bed.

what a lovely view!

It is that. The hills in the distance are the Swabian Jura, and mark the watershed between the Rhine and the Danube. It's also nice to be able to see the valleys I've cycled up on occasion.

Last edited:
Drop the remaining key on the floor, and listen to how it sounds when it hits the floor.
An almost of flat sound when it hits indicates it's been cut too quick. It got warm whilst being cut, reducing the metals strength.

You can try the same drop test on the broken keys. A similar sound would have me going to another shop.

Don't do it near a drain though ! :whistle:

Top Bottom