Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I haven't looked out yet but sounds like we have more wind and rain ☔

Morning .
I looked out of our window and it looks wet. Not sure if it is raining but it does look that way.
We had some sunshine for a while yesterday which was a pleasant surprise.
I think I may be going down with another cold. I am just getting over the last one and seem to be sneezing a bit and starting to feel bunged up again. I felt really tired yesterday.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Clear sky and virtually no wind. Got wakened by flashing lights passing at about 0600 so could be icy outside as it would certainly be the gritting lorry.
We used to be very low on the gritting priorities in the past but so many new houses have been built that we are boosted up to getting gritted early. I used to have a few slithery runs down to work in winter and there is one particularly bad downhill corner which must be taken slowly but not safe to brake.
Despite the benign appearance of current weather there have been 4 text messages on Calmac's automated service warning of coming possible disruption due to bad weather.
Must get out for at least a walk while the weather is reasonable.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where there appears to be something wrong with the weather as it's dry, partly sunny and not too breezy.

I have conducted the final checks on my works pension paperwork and will head off to work to scan & email copies to myself in about an hour.
Once that's done I'll head into town to post the paperwork, get some milk for the weekend and have a look to see if Lidl have any decent reductions on the unsold Chr***mas chocolates.

Mike_P

Guru
Out of the hospital quite quickly this week so wandered down to Lidl. Missing sections of the centre isle implied whatever had been a good buy in the sale that started yesterday had sold out. Walnuts and sunflower oil discounted on this week's app coupons so picked them up and a couple of bananas less yellow than what M&S had when I looked earlier.

Top Bottom