Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Buggerit, forgot to put the bike lights on charge when I got home from work.

classic33

Leg End Member
My smartphone SIM card has suddenly decided that sitting in my phone as it has done for some considerable time with no change to the situation, means that it should now randomly switch itself off with no warning.

This has happened a few dozen times over the last year. Usually the only solution is to take it out of the phone and put it back in again, but that requires the PIN number which I don't have with me.

Would ordering a new SIM card help, does anyone know?
It might require a new SIM card, which will have its own PIN number.
The 3G signal is being turned off, Europewise, from the end of this year.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's a slow day and, as I've just had the conversation with my aunts about who's speaking at my mum's funeral next month, wanted to do something mind-numbingly boring.

So ... as I've got the opportunity to transfer in an old pension into the Teacher's Pension I'm in due to the transitional 2015-2022 arrangement letting members bring in old pensions into the Career Average bit ... and I'd printed out the form for it several weeks ago ... I had a look.

Turns out the old pension I want to bring in went bust in 2014 :blink: Now, life's been a bit busy these past few years but I did wonder why I hadn't heard from them.

Anyway, half an hour's worth of digging and I'm now registered with the transferred provider and know what I'm due. Now begins the process of potentially transferring what seems to be quite a small amount into the current pension. If it's actually worth doing. It'll need a phone call to Teacher's Pensions plus a 'contact us' form on the new provider to get things going.

Yes, life is that slow up here this evening in Dewsbury.

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Squire
Morning from Mount Fuji.

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 6
That turkey liver was bloody lovely :hungry:

Seriously folks, if you get a bird with the giblets in future, don't consign the liver to stock or gravy - keep it aside and have it as the "cook's perks". It was SO tasty with the bacon and onions and some of the turkey trimmings from yesterday's de-boning efforts. Had it with roasties and some more of that red cabbage braised in cider.

Oh, and there was spiced fruit compote (traditional in Poland on Xmas Eve) with custard for afters.

*stuffed*

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well I am downstairs on the throne so must be up

Hope you’re not just dreaming and still in bed. :laugh:

Good morning.

I have introduced Tinybug to Weetabix. She likes it.

Have you tried a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the contacts? I use a spectacle wipe. Ordering a new SIM should rule out the phone being on the blink.

Good idea, I'll try that. However, it means taking the card out so I'll have to wait until I get back to my apartment.

In the meantime I've persuaded Paypal to send security messages to WhatsApp instead so I can at least access that when I have a W-lan connection.

Top Bottom