Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
That's Christmas gone
15c in the kitchen
First cuppa brewing.

Torrential rain has returned. Really is back to normality!

Raining here as well

Had maybe half a dozen international calls to my mobile over the last few days, Canada, Netherlands etc etc. Had a handful of missed calls from Dubai the other week. I never answer them, eventually just block them.
Anyone had this ?

Looks like the works phone had a call from Los Angeles yesterday

Blood donation completed

I was thinking of the saying that it is better to give than receive! It is if you are on the receiving end. I had to have 4 pints once .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Had maybe half a dozen international calls to my mobile over the last few days, Canada, Netherlands etc etc. Had a handful of missed calls from Dubai the other week. I never answer them, eventually just block them.
Anyone had this ?

Nope, not international, just the occasional UK based spam calls, most of which my phone tells me that they're spam.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
According to the forecast, it will stop raining soon..
That's good because I'm meeting up with friends for a pedal around Salcey Forest this morning ☔

My phone predicts rain till 10am and starts again around lunchtime.

Last pair of Christmas pants are on today, now where did that picture go .......

oldwheels

Legendary Member
What a contrast in weather.
After a nice day yesterday we now have torrential rain and gale force winds.
All morning ferries cancelled and many mainland roads blocked by fallen trees and flooding.
The lights have flickered a couple of times which is not a good sign. Usually a straight off means it gets fixed quickly but after flickering it can take a while.
Most of our power lines are now underground but in the past we had frequent power cuts.
There was a hydro generator which was designed many years ago and in fact we were the first town to have street lights and the power came from there.
Not big enough to power the whole distillery and we took cover when the main boilers started as it sounded as tho' it was about to take off. :ohmy:

Hebe

getting better all the time
It’s pretty bleak here today. I need to either start my tax return, make labels for some prints or go to the darkroom and rewash a couple of prints. I must say that no option is particularly appealing but I’ll probably go for one that doesn’t involve taking large photographs outside the house.

Top Bottom