Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
So stuffed... To the point I couldn't finish my serving of Christmas pudding :blush:

Did a beautiful slow-roast shoulder of pork with orange & sage, fondant potatoes (the joint was sat on top of the potatoes), red cabbage braised in cider, cranberry sauce and pan-fried apple slices with rosemary & chilli.

And then Christmas pudding & custard.

Have to say, brining the pork joint for 24 hours made it so juicy and tender. Although I only used a quarter of the salt recommended in the recipe I found online - which admittedly was for a much bigger joint. The glaze of orange, sage, garlic, fennel seed, balsamic vinegar and honey was bloody lovely, though the overall flavour was more subtle and delicate than I was expecting. Didn't make it any less nice - I'm *definitely* doing that again, as it was really worth the effort. :hungry:

Sounds lovely.

I did not get many presents, which is fine by me. Two books and a beautiful Scotland calendar.

I also got one totally unexpected present, from someone who never usually sends presents.

I also got two books (on motor racing) and a calendar - albeit a Grumpy Cat one. Also got some socks with cats on them, a cat-shaped hand gel dispenser to use when I'm judging or stewarding, a lovely warm scarf and some spendables from the parental unit which translated into a couple of very nice vintage watches.

Madam Lexi got several toys, a catnip sack (which is already sucked and soggy) and a nice stash of cat treats.

The parental unit got a big pot planted up with hyacinth bulbs, a couple of books on Auschwitz and an African hand-carved wooden Christmas crib.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I also got two books (on motor racing) and a calendar - albeit a Grumpy Cat one. Also got some socks with cats on them, a cat-shaped hand gel dispenser to use when I'm judging or stewarding, a lovely warm scarf and some spendables from the parental unit which translated into a couple of very nice vintage watches.

Madam Lexi got several toys, a catnip sack (which is already sucked and soggy) and a nice stash of cat treats.

The parental unit got a big pot planted up with hyacinth bulbs, a couple of books on Auschwitz and an African hand-carved wooden Christmas crib.

The totally unexpected present was that Kizzy decided to sit on me for about ten minutes. Usually she walks from one side of the chair to the other, without sitting down.

The totally unexpected present was that Kizzy decided to sit on me for about ten minutes. Usually she walks from one side of the chair to the other, without sitting down.

Ah, now you truly must be honoured! :smile:

anyone else think this hospital barf bag looks like a giant condom?
barf bag.jpg

never saw such a thing

Top Bottom