Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having heard nothing from the other side of the family regarding what's happening about getting dad & stepmum to the handover point for their trip to Cornwall* to stay with my stepsister and thinking someone else had stepped in, I popped round this evening to hand over the Chr***mas bits and for a catch up. It turns out that nothing had been sorted and my stepsister had set out on the 400 mile each way trip to collect them from here earlier in the afternoon :ohmy:. Needless to say that words were had that all they had to do was ask and I'd have done the outward leg despite my dislike of driving long distances in heavy traffic.

*It turns out that my half brother was going to do the job, but he & his family have come down with somehing very similar to what I had at the start of the month.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sorry to here your news.

Thanks. She passed away earlier this evening and I had the opportunity to spend the last couple of hours with her.

tyred

Legendary Member
I decided that if the wind is bad enough to blow down (an admittedly rotten) wooden shed, a bike ride probably wouldn't be the most pleasant so gave it a miss this evening. I done a bit more of my jigsaw. I'm slightly hampered by the size of the thing and a small table so I can spread bits out like I would like.

I had planned to have a good tidy up but couldn't be bothered so ventured out for a very blustery and wet walk. Feel nice and fresh and alive now.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Thanks. She passed away earlier this evening and I had the opportunity to spend the last couple of hours with her.

Words seem so futile at a time like this, thinking of you and yours, and so sorry for your loss.

Top Bottom