Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks like the usual cock-up with the weather forecast and what we were suppose to have earlier has only just arrived which means the ride home in 3 hours which was supposed to be dry probably won't be.

Time for coffee number 2 - a fresh pack has just been opened.

Grey and rather soggy here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep well. I was still wide awake at 6am - combo of the old too hot, too cold thing and my brain not switching off. Must've eventually fallen asleep, but I feel bloody awful. Madam Lexi seemed to sense something wasn't right, and spent the entire night glued to my side. Ergo I have had a quiet morning. I've laundered my gardening clothes, put some dried cranberries on to rehydrate and gone over the notes I made last night.

I bought a job lot of cranberries on YS last year, but because I had no freezer space, I dried them instead. I shall make some cranberry sauce tomorrow. Will add some apple, the juice & zest of an orange, some spices, chopped fresh root ginger and enough sugar so that it's *just* sweet enough. I find shop bought cranberry sauce is too sweet. It'll go very nicely with the brie that I've had ripening in the fridge for the last fortnight or so.

This afternoon, I shall be delving back into the IMechE archive. In the course of doing a youtube search to find videos of one of the cars in action last night (I wanted to hear what the engine sounded like) I got lucky and managed to establish where the drawings for it are NOW. I'd traced them to the Midlands Motor Museum thanks to an article in Motor Sport, but that museum closed about 20 years ago. I thought they'd be at Gaydon, but they're not, they're in another motoring museum archive. So at least I've closed the "why aren't we finding any stuff for this particular car in this collection of drawings" case.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've just been to a carol performance for grandparents with tea and coffee served by the children. It may well have been the first time Jude has ever made a tea for someone else. ''Only a little milk'' got turned into ''Only a little milk for a dairy.''

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Having a clear out of the airing cupboard. Took a car boot full of mainly bedding to a local charity in Gorton (one of the most deprived areas in the UK apparently). Got loads more stuff we can donate, might have to get all the board games together for them.

Also took a boot full of knackered stuff to the tip.

Top Bottom