Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Went out to visit my wildlife pal.
I normally take the car on the main road bit and then walk [or in my case stagger] up to his place. The river I park beside is higher than I have ever seen it with all the rain and a large boggy catchment area.
Set off on foot and rain started which turned into hail. Painful on the bits it could hit so gave up and back to car.
There are sunny intervals but mainly rain and hail mixed.
Ferry problems again as some sailings are cancelled tomorrow to allow our boat to do a trip to Colonsay and warnings about bad weather forecast possibly causing further cancellations.
I was given a pot of Blue Stilton sold in Tesco. Reading the blurb on the outside it says to keep refrigerated and once open use within 3 days. This is supposed to be mature cheese which goes off within 3 days?
A lot of things I have say that once opened use within 3 days. Is this really just a marketing ploy?
I tend to use common sense for storage life rather than watch dates.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
My working day is completed

Afternoon spent immersed in an archive of engine drawings. Now sat with a chinese chicken curry and SPOTY on the TV.

Going to be voting for Mary Earps.

pawl

Legendary Member
Spent most of the day fitting SKS long clip on mudguards to my Planet X Due to the bike being close clearance fitting took some time.Finally got the guards in place without rubbing Just a question of using the correct brackets so a bit of trial and error

The extension behind the seat tube would not fit without rubbing.Fitted the extension to the seat tube with a zip tie The package states suitable for up to 25c I have 23 c fitted and the clearance was just right no way would the frame be able to accommodate 25 c with SKS long’s fitted. No more soggy hind quarters

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was at the pub last night and one way or another ended up at a guy's house afterwards.

Anyway, he and another were smoking weed (classy, I know).
I was rather drunk and decided to have a couple of puffs out of curiosity.

All I can say is NEVER AGAIN, I am still coughing at the thought and the thing just seemed so dirty and utterly manky.🤮
Never mind that, I still feel all dirty now too and I need to wash my clothes to get rid of the smell. ☺️

Yet again, the appeal of smoking continues to utterly baffle me. 🙄

Last edited:
Top Bottom