Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I suppose I'd better get up and gave breakfast and a second coffee of the day.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Hawold and his friends have just arrived for the Wollidays. They are a bit early but then they are nitwits.

3v174m4OStSo9GdmVx4jrA_medium2.jpg

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hawold and his friends have just arrived for the Wollidays. They are a bit early but then they are nitwits.

View attachment 715995

Wall to wall wols!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I'd recommend the Tesco's Melton Mowbray pork pie - the one in the union jack wrapper. It's what I buy for myself, and it's very good. This time of year, they do giant ones, but in red wrappers. Tesco's "Finest" pie (in the grey box) is also very nice, but I do think the slightly cheaper pie is actually better.

I find pork pies need to be unwrapped from the packaging. The pastry gets crisper if left unwrapped for a few days.

Grey, soggy and murky here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well, but didn't bother to go out to see the Flying Scotsman go past earlier as it was hosing it down with rain and more than just a touch foggy. Instead, I've had a quiet morning spent making catnip toys, ably aided and abetted by Madam Lexi. Well, they have to be tested, don't they?

I also took a pack with two salmon portions out of the freezer, which I'll cook tomorrow. They'll be lovely with the rest of the apple, onion & cream sauce over them. There is now appreciable space in the freezer, even if it doesn't look like it. But if I still take out some chicken and some sausages for next week, and then some more salmon & that pork shoulder joint for the Hols, there'll be good room for some bargainous purchases.

Didn't do any stuff on the drawings last night or this morning. But I did spend time with Mr Google looking for other race cars powered by this particular type of engine, as I seem to have one left over that I can't attribute to anything. The search didn't help there, but it turned up an article on one of the cars in an issue of Motor Sport that was published nearly 45 years ago. It was really useful, because it confirmed the rim size for the wheels (I have quite a few drawings of wheels!) and it also conformed WHY we've not been able to find any drawings for this car in the collection we're cataloguing. Namely that they were in the collection of a motor museum at the time of the article's writing, and likely remained there until the museum eventually closed. Where they are *NOW* I don't know, but I suspect at the BMM in Gaydon, as they have very extensive archives. There is also nothing for this car in the other two tranches of drawings from the same original source that were known to exist - one is at another museum, and the other was sold piecemeal on the Bay of E about 17 years ago.

This afternoon I need to go into town and consign the remaining cards and parcels to the post.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Top Bottom