Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Oh wow Postman's Xmas pressie arrived today.The red cashmere six foot scarf,i bought it because it reminds me of the one Scrooge accepted on Christmas morning,Postman is going to have to get a new neck this scarf is beautiful.This scrawny chicken thin neck is not worthy to wear it.It is that nice,Accy are you reading this Postie has gone all posh cashmere.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Can any 'locals' tell me why the tunnel at Stonehenge is an issue?
On the surface (pun partially intended) it seems like a good idea to get traffic away from the site.

Can any 'locals' tell me why the tunnel at Stonehenge is an issue?
On the surface (pun partially intended) it seems like a good idea to get traffic away from the site.

I think the way in which they make the tunnel may be the problem . I think they are going to dig a huge trench and then fill it in.
One of the other objections is that they going to destroy archaeology surrounding the site by building a flyover near there.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I think the way in which they make the tunnel may be the problem . I think they are going to dig a huge trench and then fill it in.
One of the other objections is that they going to destroy archaeology surrounding the site by building a flyover near there.

I think they are still finding archaeology surrounding Stone Henge . It was only recently that they discovered a ring of deep pits forming a circle I think a mile in diameter. It was originally thought that the pits were sink holes until an archaeologist properly investigated them .

Thanks. Sounds about right.
The only upside, possibly, of that is when they do the earthworks that new finds are made.

On the new A14 in Cambridgeshire, unknown settlements were discovered and investigated.

My nose has reminded me, in a way impossible to ignore, that it is time to take the antihistamines...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Quite a successful day in the end. Got the washing on the line and then off to the M&S in Martlesham to collect my parcel. If it was that busy on a Monday, goodness knows what it was like in that area on the Sunday! While I was there I took the opportunity of wandering over to Next to pick up something for my sister, then down to Aldi for some food and back up to the big Tesco for a few more bits.

I quite enjoy busy car parks - other drivers spot you opening your car and hang around expecting you to drive off so they can nab that free spot. Some get quite indignant when having waited about 30 seconds to a minute, you get back out , lock the car and wander off somewhere else ^_^

The other one was in Basel. It was the only venue open early evening after a long day travelling by train. I now know that there are oodles of places selling food in the station. Just remember to take your passport as that station lies across the border of Germany and Switzerland.

A few months back I left my bag on a local train and it turns out the lost luggage office is on Basel (Baden) railway station, which is just inside Switzerland and run by German Railways; passengers are in the German /EU customs zone until they leave the station.

It was quite strange to enter another country to do something as mundane as collecting lost luggage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom