Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm almost up.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had arranged to visit a friend this evening but went early to fit in a coastal perambulation. Beautiful day mostly but it started raining and I got a bit damp. Home now but too wide awake for bed.

68.9 MPG on my dashboard readout on the way down. I'm going to crack 70 one of these days. Dropped to 62.6 on the way home but I was in more of a hurry coming home and had empty roads.:whistle:

70 mpg is one of those targets that I seem to have adopted. I'll get it in warmer seasons but winter is more of a challenge; there's simply more drain on the electrics so the ICE cuts in more as a generator. My current tankful has just dropped below 70 and today's schlep across London to pick up my brother from Heathrow is not going to help.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You will, you will, you will....

Nice try.... Autoplay is disabled! 😂

Good morning.

At work; I'm now supposed to be sorting the used books, because there's no-one else to do it. This also involves making the display ready, which means designing the display, so today I get to sit in an office at a computer, listening to my favourite podcasts. Everything's great until someone notices that no bikes are being put out for sale; I'm waiting for that one to penetrate...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks to be a nice morning but there are warnings out about icy roads which have not been treated.
I think wait a bit till it warms up slightly and then consider where to take the trike for a spin.

Lazy people wanting others to do the legwork are looking for holiday accommodation next August. Probably cluttering up the ferries as well with bookings preventing locals making last minute trips tho' there is now a system in place allegedly which keeps back a proportion of spaces for last minute local travellers.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had arranged to visit a friend this evening but went early to fit in a coastal perambulation. Beautiful day mostly but it started raining and I got a bit damp. Home now but too wide awake for bed.

68.9 MPG on my dashboard readout on the way down. I'm going to crack 70 one of these days. Dropped to 62.6 on the way home but I was in more of a hurry coming home and had empty roads.:whistle:
Would fitting larger tyres help?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright and sunny Suffolk. It got quite windy overnight and I was woken at one point by the noise, but it now looks to be a very pleasant start to the day.

The last lot of bedding is in the washing machine and is about half way through the cycle started earlier and it looks like I may be able to get the stuff line dried. Once that's been done and the recycling bin retrieved from wherever it's been left after emptying I'm determined to get out and collect the parcel from M&S and do a bit of shopping while in that area.

Top Bottom