Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's 67 plate truck has only 916584 kilometres on the odometer.

tom73

Guru
Ginger biscuits all made and now all bagged up ready for the freezer. As the oven was already on and ready to go i've currently got a small ham cooking away nicely. All ready for a few hot roast sandwiches later and for cold left overs tomorrow. Had a sort out and move around of our dry goods stash forgot we got plenty of stuff put away. Re filled the kitchen cupboard with what's left of the tins. Done a check of the stuff for Christmas and it's mostly all done. Just the fresh stuff to do.
Just sorted out a load of washing now having :cuppa: and a ginger biscuit made from the off cuts.
Think I will have a walk in bit only me and dog at home as Mrs 73 is off to her mothers after work for an early Christmas.

Mike_P

Guru
Almost personal taxi this afternoon going to the hospital. Long queue of people awaiting the bus (which goes to Knaresborough). The display suddenly flipped with the first departing being a short working to Starbeck. Then three buses arrived in quick succession. The first two going to Knaresborough and then the towns different housing estates as normal for which everyone started moving on board only for the third to reveal itself as the short working. Despite commenting to others heading to the hospital it probably would be the first to go I found myself onboard with just one other passengers and four non driving drivers using it as a lift to the depot. The other two buses were still boarding as it left. Hospital visit was good news as excess red blood cell count has dropped so no need to up the medication.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Calmac have just sent me a text message putting my booked sailing at 1320 instead of 1300. Only 20 minutes but not happy as things can be tight at the other end. I don't have any appointments but some people have had to cancel because they have been bumped from their sailing of choice already booked.
Nothing has appeared on their web site yet so cannot even plan on a dash for an earlier sailing as a standby.

OVO getting big licks on our local FB page and described by many in very colourful language.

Mike_P

Guru
40mph wind tomorrow morning so thats sea state 6 on the Way of the Roses

tyred

Legendary Member
Horrible wet evening but business all conducted at the bank. I had been going to phone them but decided it was easier to go in-person rather than be directed around their auto-attendant system when I can walk there in ten or fifteen minutes. Besides, the more footfall, the less excuses they will have to try and close yet another branch so keep using it!

I stepped on a loose paving stone in the main street which squirted water all over the place and soaked the legs of my jeans and my shoes. :angry:

I had hoped to get a ride in this afternoon but no point in getting wet feet for a second time in one afternoon!

Town was really busy too. Must be Christmas shoppers. I thought Christmas shopping started at 5:55pm on Christmas Eve.:whistle:

Top Bottom