Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Had someone done a moonie on the shredder thinking it was a photocopier?
Considering who was operating it at the time, thankfully not
Did the dance involve an arial clicking of heels? 🤔
No, mainly a wheeling arm & coordinated celebratory camp skip ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Typical winter weather for here, grey, damp and windy. Cold in the wind but not too uncomfortable. Frost has gone from the car but still some icy bits on the ground.
Given up on getting the trike out this week I think and getting too much packed into the car.
For years I had vans and latterly a motorhome so got too used to just opening the doors and chucking anything in. The Peugeot Partner is really a van with windows and optional rear seats but the trike takes up a lot of space.

The mountains I can see on Mull have a sprinkle of snow down as far as I can see but the Morvern ones are clear and none to be seen on Rum either.

Given up on trying to make sense of the text messages coming out of Calmac. The lift for disabled passengers is out of action on MV Isle of Arran but that is not supposed to be here. My next trip is a few days away so no point in trying to pin them down until the actual day of travel.
If they cancel the boat I am meant to be on and I have to take a later one my ticket will be invalid and it probably gets complicated with the new system.
I could go on standby for an earlier boat with that ticket but if I do not get on then it means about 3 hours sitting in the car for the booked one.

tom73

Guru
M&S just keeps giving 1st I got all the posh stuff for Christmas cheep due to store closing down. Now i've just been to the new one to pick up an online order and they can't find it. They very quickly owned up saying they'd look in every box on the shelf. I know I said I was watching we both had a bit of laugh about it.So they've arranged a refund and reordered it free of charge. The point is she was quick to tell me, said sorry and sorted it without having to do anything. All round good service so no point getting angry about it. She even thank me for being understanding about it. The other plus point was I picked up my free sparks card offers and a bottle of port I also went for turned out to on offer too.

Tenkaykev

Guru
M&S just keeps giving 1st I got all the posh stuff for Christmas cheep due to store closing down. Now i've just been to the new one to pick up an online order and they can't find it. They very quickly owned up saying they'd look in every box on the shelf. I know I said I was watching we both had a bit of laugh about it.So they've arranged a refund and reordered it free of charge. The point is she was quick to tell me, said sorry and sorted it without having to do anything. All round good service so no point getting angry about it. She even thank me for being understanding about it. The other plus point was I picked up my free sparks card offers and a bottle of port I also went for turned out to on offer too.

Many years ago I purchased a B+W " Zeppelin " speaker from JL. It came with a 2 year guarantee. After about 18 months it went on the blink so I rang up JL. They said bring it in and we will send it off for repair. After a couple of weeks I got a message to say it was in store and awaiting collection. When I went to the store nobody could find it. I was patient and good natured as the search went on. Eventually the manager apologised and said that I could have the newer upgraded version whih they had in stock, free of charge. I was delighted, what fabulous service! Then at the last minute one of the staff found it on a shelf in a nondescript cardboard box. Oh boy, was I disappointed.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Many years ago I purchased a B+W " Zeppelin " speaker from JL. It came with a 2 year guarantee. After about 18 months it went on the blink so I rang up JL. They said bring it in and we will send it off for repair. After a couple of weeks I got a message to say it was in store and awaiting collection. When I went to the store nobody could find it. I was patient and good natured as the search went on. Eventually the manager apologised and said that I could have the newer upgraded version whih they had in stock, free of charge. I was delighted, what fabulous service! Then at the last minute one of the staff found it on a shelf in a nondescript cardboard box. Oh boy, was I disappointed.

A bitter/sweet encounter.. Good service, though!

tom73

Guru

Funny you said that I've just had a phone call the store has now found my order. Will have to wait and see if the refund has already gone though.

Gwylan

Veteran
How would anyone know who took an angle grinder to it.. Just saying. 😏

Was hoping for a battery one to use with my Makita batteries.

76 year old arrested with battery powered angle grinder. "Charged with going abroad equipped." Probably try "intent and criminal damage."
I could become a folk hero rather than "stupid old tw*t." And it wasn't twit that the taxi driver shouted at me because I explained to him that he was in a 20mph zone

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
I've had some goodies arrive for my six-speed Brompton.
A 50T narrow/wide chainring, a friction thumbshifter, and 12T, 14T and 17T rear sprockets.
That turns it into a mighty 9-speed!
My gears will change from 32" 40" 50" 62" 78" 97" to 30" 37" 43" 47" 57" 67" 74" 90" 105"
Not that I need a 105" gear...

Top Bottom