Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've had to use a lighter to de-ice the bike shed & back gate padlocks to be able to open them. It's going to be a chilly 20 miles this morning! 🚲

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Stormy looking sunrise this morning but not yet windy.
My car windscreen is still covered in frost but no rush to go anywhere this morning.
Must remember to put the general waste bin out for collection this morning which will probably be the last time this year. Being on my own I do not generate much waste so the bin only needs to go out every couple of months.
The council were trying in the past to separate domestic and commercial waste and charged extra for the commercial. We had very little waste and had arguments with them about this.They could not understand that in our business waste was a loss unless we sold it which we did.
It was eventually understood that the only waste we generated from our workshop was teabags and we refused to pay them anything for disposal of them. :rolleyes:

classic33

Leg End Member
Just been around next door to inspect the hole and replaced length of gas pipe just needs filling in now.
That could have been a nasty accident
They're replacing the gas mains around here. Their records indicate that they've not been "upgraded" since they were put in, over sixty years ago. They hit one not shown on their map, as it were right where it shouldn't have been. Placed under the pavement, in a moment of common sense,* 44 years, when they replaced the cast iron mains.

*Someone had the bright idea to put the pipes under the pavements so they wouldn't have to dig the roads up if repairs were needed.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Scandal @ Lidl's apparently... They've been using Baker's Yeast in some of their Sourdough bread!!

😲

Yes, they had to relabel it. I've seen it referred to as " SourFaux ". A lot of the supermarkets are up to the same trick, bung a bit of sourdough starter in a standard mix, label it Sourdough and stick a hefty premium on it

Top Bottom