Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
An evening at TriLab in Elland listening to an Ed Clancy talk * plus an open evening for them. Interesting, with a bit of food.

* I had to skip the rest due to logistics involving me having to collect SWMBO's car from the train station she'd left it at before catching a train to Birmingham for the second conference in a week.
Hate to break this to you, but Elland hasn't got a railway station yet.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hate to break this to you, but Elland hasn't got a railway station yet.

That was the problem. She'd "left" her car at a station elsewhere (i.e. dumped it, sending me a message where it was) and I had to get to it :cursing:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not Brighouse!!

Yep! My reply was "it's 3 degrees out, I'm in a suit and you've done what?"

She was supposed to have met me earlier so I could drive her to the station but was running late.

All sorted after a chilly walk. At least I had a spare key in my bag for her car just in case.

And no, I wasn't hunting for a taxi in Elland. I wouldn't like to think what's been in them.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm almost up.
It's ♻ Bin & Garden Waste Bin Day today.

I took our Dr Magini the Mastermind game along to the Men's Shed yesterday. It caused quite a bit of interest! It was something to talk about. Apparently they were made in this country from 1957. I can remember a friend at junior school had one which was a robot. It is a board quiz game with two circles. One circle has the questions which you turn the figure towards the question , you then place the figure in the other circle with the answers and it will spin to the correct one .

Top Bottom