Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
And while I was sat there, I had to go and use a convenient hedge. The driver of the truck behind my car was pissing himself with laughter, but you know, when you gotta go, you gotta go...

Hope the hedge survived, but as you say when you have to go you have to go

tyred

Legendary Member
Another nice but cold morning with some interesting colours as the sun rose. My camera phone didn't capture the colours properly.

IMG_20231201_084553.jpg

Half-day of enslavement today.

We're not having a proper works Christmas party this year so my manager has organised a Christmas dinner in a local pub for my team. He has been reminding us all week to bring enough money to cover our food! It's nice to work to the firm of Mr. E. Scrooge &Co.

pawl

Legendary Member
MrsF has just been trying to get a doctors appointment. You now have to fill in an on-line form, which may be reviewed in 24 hours, then you'll be asked to fill in a questionnaire which will then go to the GP. Can't even speak to someone now !

What happens when the patient doesn’t have access to a computer

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Postcode usage cuts out part of the full address. I make certain they have the full address, and aren't just working from the postcode.

But they obviously do have the full address since it is used on the invoice just not on the delivery address.
SJS are not the only ones with this problem and there is a firm in Fife I use which also does this. In the latter case I phone my order which seems to work and have also tried to get them to change to allow me to order online. This is supposed to be sorted but it never is and they lose business as I cannot be bothered with the hassle.
Generally I get the package ok but strange posties try to deliver to somebody else who refuses it and it goes back to the sorting office where I am known and can collect but it is a nuisance.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forecast says sleet but it looks like another sunny day.
Neighbours must have gone off for a long weekend, probably shopping in Glasgow where they have family.
Their wheelie bin is out but not due to be emptied till Monday. I usually take their one in when empty but they did not ask me to put it out since it is probably pretty heavy and if the steps are icy could be a bit dodgy.
Nothing planned but may go for a walk later.

Top Bottom