Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Not a bad day called into Morrisons only to find most of the Christmas chocolate offers are for more card only. I hardly use the shop due to rude unhelpful staff and poor quality goods. So not starting that one. Though did get some organic eggs on yellow sticker for 50P.
Called into M&S to get my free loaf of bread and 50p off bakery. As it's closing due to moving they've started reducing some lines to clear if you look hard enough. So bagged 2 tubs of posh vanilla ice cream , one Collection range tube of tiramisu gelato. Two boxers of posh cheese sticks, one tin of posh coffee and a pack of pigs in blankets. All gone away for Christmas and bagged for less than £10.
Forgot to call into Lidi so called in early afternoon on way stopped off at costa to use up my free coffee and late Birthday free cake. Wanted carrot cake but had to settle for chocolate, not the best. Good job it's free it was just short of £8 how coffee can cost more than cake :wacko:
So all in all saved about £20 today.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Might get a ride in tomorrow am looking at the weather forecast so fingers crossed

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Given that it didn't stop raining until gone midday and then never did dry up, today did turn into an indoor day. It's quite surprising how little you can accomplish when you put your mind to it. A bit of bike fettling & cleaning, a bit of reading and way too much time trying to work out the options foir a trip to Milton Keynes next year - train or car (and parking options by the hotel for the latter) and bike route options to/from the gig venue in the evening.

Tesco all tescoed.

Cleared the shopping list and picked up a few bits for the holidays. Also got tempted by a lovely big cauliflower as they'd just put fresh stock out, a poncy pork pie and a large bag of Bombay Mix.

Yellow sticker pickings were slim, but the lady who does the markdowns on a Saturday night told me that it's been like that for the last few weeks. Not that it bothers me too much, as I've got more opportunity to use up stuff in the freezer. But I did pick up two trays of assorted samosas, a box of chicken pakoras, some katsu chicken tenders (had these before, they're really nice), a squishy French cheese I'd not come across before, a box with two berry panna cotta desserts, a tub of coleslaw, some green beans, some brussels sprouts and two seeded rye breads.

Watched the Ch4 documentary about the Princes in the Tower. I definitely want Santa to bring me Philippa Langley's book as the material in a TV programme is, of necessity, a mile wide and an inch deep - and this was a seven year-long study.

Now chilling by the fire with a :cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
it’s been 5 hours & the cleaning crew is still here! what the heck are they cleaning? it’s not like there was a bloody murder here. we’re not hoarders
Your bank balance out?

Top Bottom