Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had really hoped my tailgate struts would have been delivered by now but the latest update says now entering the Hermes network and the ETA has changed to the 23rd.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Weekend lie in not to plan. MrsF up at before 7 to go to a knitting and sewing show in Harrogate. Then her sister kept phoning the house phone (selected wrong contact, ie not my wife's mobile) so had to get up twice and phone her back. Now I'm up, better put the coffee on and fix a slightly fogged up headlamp on the Aygo.

cookiemonster

Squire
Who says Christians have no sense of humour.😂

Attachments

• IMG_0842.png
    IMG_0842.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0841.png
    IMG_0841.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0840.png
    IMG_0840.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0839.png
    IMG_0839.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0838.png
    IMG_0838.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forecast says light rain showers and a brisk wind so why is heavy rain with a gale behind it battering my front windows?

Cattle wandering around on the main single track road heading south. Nobody has hit them yet but with the bends in the road and speeds many do it can only be a matter of time.

Library day so need to venture out in the rain sometime. At least I can drive right to the door of the library which is probably not approved of but nobody has so far objected. If anybody does object I can always wave my blue badge at them as well as my stick.:angel:

tyred

Legendary Member
I heard my first Christmas song of the year on the radio :gun:

You'd think Brenda Lee would be bored with rockin' around the Christmas tree by now.

Mike_P

Guru
Dull drizzly uninspiring morning so once again the ebike stayed in the shed. Traffic getting a bit bonkers; stacks like @fossyant heading to the knit & snitch show.
Had 15% Sparks vouchers on shoes and slippers and in need certainly of the former and no doubt soon the latter. Used them together with just over £15 worth of Topcashback/ credit card reward vouchers to save close to £30. Also got 50p off a Christmas iced fruit cake bar. Picked up a pack of their free from Mince Pies, 25p dearer than Waitrose's which seem to be the best and have doubts that these will be better.
Waitrose was disappointing, no 2 pints of semi skimmed. Still have to go near it again on Monday at least so hopefully use of the 50p off voucher then.

Mike_P

Guru
I just got accused of not paying for my shopping in LIDL! And not even an apology from the person who accused me. So, somewhere else to veto, alongside John Lewis, Leeds and DPD.

I was questioned momentarily in M&S on Wednesday re the bananas I had. The guy seemed to think I had not scanned them. They were the only item purchased so I was puzzled as to what he thought I was just about to scan my card for. Got my own back by leaving the sticky price label stuck to the shelf below the self service till.

Top Bottom