Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apparently G**gle will soon stop their podcast player. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, free podcast player for Android?

I'm trying to remember the one I used to use... I'll let you know if it comes to mind.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, the good old days when John Knox was in charge, the monstrous regiment of women and all that :smile:

(The ‘emphasis’ got placed on Hogmanay cos he banned the celebration of Christmas. He considered it too Catholic).
Never heard that before. I think the emphasis on Hogmanay goes back beyond recorded history.
T'were Cromwell who banned Christmas, with his reformation of the church. Christmas Day, in Scotland, wasn't a public holiday until the mid 50's.

Hogmanay should be celebrated on the 11th January, due to the change of calendars, Julian to Gregorian.

See also Yorkshire lays claim to Hogmanay!

tyred

Legendary Member
Four mile walk and exercises completed. I've realised that there is a big difference in strength between my left and right legs. I wonder is that part of my problem. Presumably my left leg lost muscle when it was out of action following my accident. I must mention to the physio next week.

Time to relax now for the evening.

Mike_P

Guru
Here is the blurred picture of the Kingfisher I saw this afternoon.

View attachment 713564

Panned shots are always something of luck or not. The womens road race at the 2019 UCIs I was stood on the outside of the bend at the foot of Penny Pot Lane, just before the bend onto the narrow bridge over Oakbeck followed by the climb of Cornwall Road, and as AVV approached I realised the phone had flipped to its front facing camera. Quickly turned the phone round and just swiped the phone in front of me as she passed; got a perfect freeze frame.

Last edited:
Well, we've already managed to get the Scottish Flag colours to match those of the Yorkshire Flag. Blue(Pantone 300) and white.

You also seem to have pinched Freiburg im Breisgau's flag for York. Honestly, if it's not nailed down...

Panned shots are always a something of luck or not. The womens road race at the 2019 UCIs I was stood on the outside of the bend at the foot of Penny Pot Lane, just before the bend onto the narrow bridge over Oakbeck followed by the climb of Cornwall Road, and as AVV approached I realised the phone had flipped to its front facing camera. Quickly turned the phone round and just swiped the phone in front of me as she passed; got a perfect freeze frame.

Not really. It's mainly down to good technique and choosing the right shutter speed for the subject and location. :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
You also seem to have pinched Freiburg im Breisgau's flag for York. Honestly, if it's not nailed down...
From that it seems to be the other way round.
"Freiburg was founded by Konrad and Duke Berthold III of the House of Zähringen in 1120 as a free market town;"
York had their coat of arms before 1066, with the lions, Passant, added by William The Conquer.

I trust you'll be returning it?

That's assuming you have good camera skills, I have always been on the press the button and hope camp.

I shot motorsports professionally for the best part of a decade. :blush:

I did learn by doing though, starting with a Kodak 126 format camera and a 620 format box when I was about 8 or so, then working my way up via other kinds of cameras to an SLR. Shooting film, and then having to pay for processing from pocket money really made you concentrate on getting a shot right using the fewest number of frames.

Top Bottom