Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Another working day completed for me

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've obviously annoyed my lot. Returned home from work in the office to find the wheelie bin in an unusual position post emptying still with the polystyrene packaging off the new TV in it.

If I put that sort of thing out here, they'd only take it if it was in black bags in the bin. I tried it with some old pillows and they were still in the bin after collecting others bins. Bagged them the following week and they went!

Apparently G**gle will soon stop their podcast player. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, free podcast player for Android?

Had a lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with Polish sausage, one with that really nice Stilton, plus an apple, a persimmon and the obligatory two :cuppa:

Spent the afternoon lumberjilling. Filled the trailer with lengths of good quality oak that's dry enough to use straight up. The wood came from a large tree that just seemed to have partially shattered. I think it might have been struck by lightning. Anyways, no matter, that's another nearly cubic metre of firewood that's in and under cover.

I am now aching all over as I had to de-dangle one of the branches. That's always hard work, when something lands almost vertically, because the top is caught in a neighbouring tree. You've got to make cuts in the bottom so that those pieces break off under the weight of what's above it until the branch is light enough to slowly pull free.

Was damn cold out there, working in that brisk wind, was glad of the coat and woolly beanie hat. Really enjoyed the :cuppa: and biskit after I'd finished.

The cat has been fed, and soon it will be time to feed me.

Mike_P

Guru
If I put that sort of thing out here, they'd only take it if it was in black bags in the bin. I tried it with some old pillows and they were still in the bin after collecting others bins. Bagged them the following week and they went!

On better examination a fair chunk of the polystyrene packaging had gone but not the broken plastic laundry basket or a bag of kitchen waste with broken plastic strainer in it or two other bags of kitchen waste.

Here is the blurred picture of the Kingfisher I saw this afternoon.

Kingfisher 2.JPG

postman

Squire
Having damaged one of my hearing aids while faffing.i am responsible for the cost.It is the horn.It's the middle bit.It is the piece that hold the tube to the actual aid.So two phone calls to high street suppliers,sorry unless you are a customer we cannot sell one to you.Now not wanting to do four bus journeys to get to the hospital repair dept.The computer is my friend.i have found a company and i get not one but two horns for only £6-99 a cheap repair plus £2-99 packaging and postage.Phew i have been fortunate,because aids are on loan it tells you in the booklet.It reads like this.The charge is an admin cost for lost/damaged device.I bet it is more than £9-98.

Top Bottom