Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fabby supper of carrot, sweet potato & red lentil soup (flavoured with curry spices, ginger, chilli & coconut), then a bacon sandwich with a good dollop of tomato chutney. :hungry:

I'd really recommend the Woodside Farms "back bacon" from Tesco. £1.45 for a 300g packet, and it's lovely. No excess moisture in the packet and very little shrinkage when the bacon hits the pan. It's just that the rashers aren't quite as pretty as the more spendy stuff.

Mind you, my stomach doesn't care about pretty. It cares about good!

classic33

Leg End Member
The boy racers are driving around in circles again.
New one way system non escapable?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A cold, grey and breezy day here in Suffolk. Eventually got myself out of the house to do a bottle bank & shopping run with a short stop round mum's for a free cup of coffee and a catch up. Then I went out in the afternoon for a quick 20 mile loop to Ipswich and back and got beeped by a car driver - they were on the point of getting the finger and a load of abuse when I realised it was my sister in her new car so the gesture had to be quickly changed to a wave :laugh:

The white coat for judging and stewarding that I ordered off the 'bay arrived this morning. Finally had the time to open the parcel, and it's definitely NOT what I ordered...

I ordered a ladies' size 12, half zip, plain white with pockets, and I've been sent a bloke's large with black buttons and trim and no pockets, which is of absolutely no use to me whatsoever. I have no desire to look like I'm wearing a Pierrot-style circus tent. Have messaged the seller, even though it says no returns. How successful that'll be I've no idea, and in any case, they seem to have pulled all their other items, so doesn't look like I'd get a replacement anyways.

If I get no reply from the seller etc, then it's pretty cut & dried for a full refund from ebay, as the item most definitely isn't as described. I thought the package felt too heavy when it arrived...

Aaaargh, back to the drawing board! :banghead:

Time for a :cuppa: and a Min Spy

Top Bottom