Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I risked going to bed last night and slept well but still agony when I got up.

Muscle rub applied and painkillers consumed. Hopefully they work.

I had plans to do my exercises before I started work but I'll leave it until later when I've freed out a bit.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@oldwheels I've found Octopus very good for customer service. When emailed, you get the usual ping-back to say they'll respond within a certain time and it's always been within that time. A few days ago I asked them to just send one bill per month as I was receiving twi due to the new contract starting on the 12th and my readings being sent on the first.
Yep, no problem. Sorted 👍

I know this doesn't help with your OVO problem, though!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@oldwheels I've found Octopus very good for customer service. When emailed, you get the usual ping-back to say they'll respond within a certain time and it's always been within that time. A few days ago I asked them to just send one bill per month as I was receiving twi due to the new contract starting on the 12th and my readings being sent on the first.
Yep, no problem. Sorted 👍

I know this doesn't help with your OVO problem, though!

The problem for me and probably Oldwheels is that we have storage heaters and a total heating with total control set up and hardly any other companies will touch this so we are stuck.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The problem for me and probably Oldwheels is that we have storage heaters and a total heating with total control set up and hardly any other companies will touch this so we are stuck.

They have day & night tarriffs but I don't specifically know about storage heaters as I've not had them for 35 years.

This linky might help ~OCTOPUS ~

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a wet & windy Suffolk. One hour to go and I'll be on the first train of three to the sunnier climes of Nottingham for Lanterns on the Lake at the Rescue Rooms. The first coffee of the day has just been finished and breakfast will follow very shortly.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
They have day & night tarriffs but I don't specifically know about storage heaters as I've not had them for 35 years.

This linky might help ~OCTOPUS ~

I’m hoping OVO come up with a smart meter that might offer the same timings as we have now as we get another boost during the day if it’s cold plus the hot water comes on again before tea time. Economy 7 wouldn’t quite do the same. Just have to wait and see.

I went physiological on them. Made them wonder what I might do to them.
More fun watching them wondering when "it" was going to happen.

yeah dumb morons are easy to confuse & re-direct. I once even threatened a Billy Jack move, while looking him dead in the eye, on one body builder that tried menacing me, in a school hallway. we were boyhood friends when little & often wrestled with others in play fighting. he was easy to fend off. but I had to fend him off

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/chjorOv1OG0

postman

Squire
Well postman is sat here with a smile on his face eating two dark choccie bisks,well they are good for you,an instant coffee from his real Alcatraz tin mug,yes bought from the gift shop.Mrs P out volunteering at a food bank.She is the number one.I have hoovered polished and cleaned down stairs oh we do smell nice.Plus and a big plus i have cleaned the two hardest to do windows inside and out.Don't tell Mrs P but i had to lean far far out,this is why i waited till Mrs P went out,plus it's raining a bit,she would say i was mad.Sadly i cannot get to do the opening outside because the pane and frame do not open far enough,but the little part and the main part sparkle and i am pleased enough.Now for a sit down.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Flip. Letter from the Council, they are going to be trialling a wheelie bin for bottles, cans and plastic instead of the silly black boxes which readily blow away. Fine except nowhere neatly to put a third one.

We've just been given a fourth one so we now have a separate one for just paper and cardboard and the other is for cans, plastics, etc. I still can't get a straight answer from anyone about where tetrapaks go as they are predominately cardboard but have plastic too so would contaminate either bin. I'll go for the plastic bin I think. :laugh:

Top Bottom