Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
After yesterdays on off wash out of a day, today has been a nice be it nippy at times a dry sunny day.

Turns out humanist and pioneering scientist Marie Curie was born today in 1867.
"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for our own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity." quote by Marie Curie.

The speed thing has got me irritated! I have checked in my diary , my car's mileage and my wife has a receipt to prove that she was shopping in Lidl before the time stated which meant that we couldn't have been in the area by the time stated. I'm sure that I wouldn't have been up to driving to the area having driven back from Yorkshire the previous day. I have looked in my diary and looked at the mileage prior to our trip to Yorkshire and back and it's present mileage and it shows that I haven't travelled the distance needed to have been there. Whether the people have taken down the wrong number or someone has clowned my number is annoying!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The speed thing has got me irritated! I have checked in my diary , my car's mileage and my wife has a receipt to prove that she was shopping in Lidl before the time stated which meant that we couldn't have been in the area by the time stated. I'm sure that I wouldn't have been up to driving to the area having driven back from Yorkshire the previous day. I have looked in my diary and looked at the mileage prior to our trip to Yorkshire and back and it's present mileage and it shows that I haven't travelled the distance needed to have been there. Whether the people have taken down the wrong number or someone has clowned my number is annoying!

I'm not sure of the process but you can surely appeal and maybe request photographic evidence?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a better day than expected as mostly sunny with a few showers so managed to get out for a walk up a forest road recently marked as "Authorised Vehicles Only". My wild life pal lives at the end of this road so I can safely ignore the sign as I could be driving up to his house.

It seems I am not alone in my troubles with OVO and it would appear that lots of people here have the same problem. In one case they want just over £25000 for a month's domestic usage.

On the subject of bullying I was smallish and skinny when aged about 8 so got picked on by a large fattish lout in the playground every break. Eventually I snapped and went for him. Immediately a ring formed and shouts of "Fight" brought a couple of Big Boys from primary 7 to see what the fuss was. They were the kind who had big hob nailed boots which gave off sparks when scuffed. They were told what the problem was and one said "you can't fight him, he is twice your size and you have no chance". They then turned on my opponent and told him any more trouble out of him and they would see to him while scuffing their boots in a menacing fashion.
That was the end of any bullying.

postman

Squire
Mundane news i am going to try and clean two bedroom windows tomorrow.The old windows opened so far i could do all the panes,for some reason the new ones dont open far enough,so i am going to cobble a handle off a broomstick and try to lean out.If it does not work and i fall out i will post from A & E tomorrow.I am going to do them while Mrs P is out volunteering.

postman

Squire
Have i told you about my new walking stick ebay it arrived today.One day after posting and one third of the price quoted by a disability shop.Its super and it folds up that is one reason i bought it.

tom73

Guru
Being the TCV, of course - ! :okay:
But, playing Devil's Advocate, how long does a species have to be established 'over here' to now be regarded as native - ? :whistle:

In terms of bulb planting in natural environments ie none domestic settings, basically any none cultivated variety.
e.g daffodils have two native natural wild cultivars. The rest are fully hybrid varieties that really have no place in natural environments.
if anything are risk to native ones such as the Spanish blue bell has killed off native blue bells in many placers.

Top Bottom