Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning .
It is sunny here but we have had a frost overnight.
I think we will be decorating today. Cakes would be a lot easier.
I had a bit of fun getting that mower going yesterday. The blade needs sharpening and the throttle cable could do with replacing but to throw it out was crazy! I looked it up and they are over £700 new!

tyred

Legendary Member
As getting out of bed caused me so much trouble on Saturday and Sunday, I slept in a chair last night and that seemed to work better.

I actually feel a bit better today with less pain and a bit more movement. I have an tomorrow morning with a physio so hopefully they will be able to do something.

tyred

Legendary Member
I listened to a Morse as well, but that seemed to assume I knew the geography Oxford so I got a bit lost, if you'll excuse the expression.

The ToF novels left me more concerned about the authors state of mind than anything.

I loved Morse back in the day and still have the complete set of novels. I think the early ones were better than the later ones.

Ironically, the only time I was ever in Oxford, a good few years ago, I recognised some of the place names and signposts purely from having read Morse so avidly as a teenager!

My personal favourite of crime novels from those days were the Dalziel and Pascoe novels by Reginald Hill.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Grey and damp looking out my front windows which face SE but there is a strange pink cloud seen when looking out my kitchen window which faces NW.
A day of household chores since I have nothing else planned. Too early to go and collect my medication from the chemist. You are supposed to leave 3 working days before collecting.
New pair of Dealer Boots from Hoggs of Fife which need broken in and I need to try driving with them as not all boots are good for that.

pawl

Legendary Member
Who else's mum used to say "Put some clean underpants on in case you get knocked down"?
🤔

Mine did and that was back in the day when we were only allowed to change underwear when there was a Z in the month 🩲🩲🩲

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where there seems to be an absence of liquid sunshine and the big yellow ball is making an appearance in the blue stuff where it's normally grey. Yet another busy week of not being at work ahead - looking at the weather forecast Tuesday is probably best for a trip to Cambridge for a pootle around and Wednesday I'm off to Nottingham for yet another gig. Therefore today will be a slow day after a busy weekend.

Top Bottom