Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I decide to watch an old episode of a Touch of Frost and see them torching a 205 GTI. :cry:How outrageous.:stop:

Couldn't they have burned something else? Like a Skoda.

I tried listening to a few ToF audiobooks but I found the continual focus on abuse rather disturbing. Are the films a bit more varied?

tyred

Legendary Member
The other thing that jumps out when watching old TV programmes is ashtrays sitting on every table and people smoking in pubs.

I wonder in thirty years time, will people look at today's programmes with town centres congested with enormous SUVs and think how ludicrous it was

tyred

Legendary Member
I tried listening to a few ToF audiobooks but I found the continual focus on abuse rather disturbing. Are the films a bit more varied?

I've read all the novels as I used to love crime novels. They are a bit grim without a doubt and it does spill across into the TV shows too. There are some humorous, light-hearted bits though.

I still find them preferable to Inspector Morse who (IMO) was detached from reality.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's 73 plate truck has a miniscule 13516 kilometres on the odometer.
Delivery mileage.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What have i done to upset the weather gods? Despite me posting positive messages about the sunshine yesterday and today, they decided that both afternoons required additional liquid sunshine. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm related to Rob McKenna...

“And as he drove on, the rainclouds dragged down the sky after him, for, though he did not know it, Rob McKenna was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to water him.”

(From 'So long and thanks for all the fish' by Douglas Adams)

Rather than leave them to fester damp in the boot of the car, my waterproofs, umbrella and camping chair are currently drying/airing in the kitchen.

I've read all the novels as I used to love crime novels. They are a bit grim without a doubt and it does spill across into the TV shows too. There are some humorous, light-hearted bits though.

I still find them preferable to Inspector Morse who (IMO) was detached from reality.

I listened to a Morse as well, but that seemed to assume I knew the geography Oxford so I got a bit lost, if you'll excuse the expression.

The ToF novels left me more concerned about the authors state of mind than anything.

Top Bottom