Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Bed time, dishwasher on time.

Hormonal thing has lit a lot of lights and seems to be trippin uit.

Have to get the instructions. 50 odd pages of English translated from German by a Chinese with a lisp.
Find that I have not installed the management app.
Tried switching off at the mains and restarting.
No way!
Lots of noise and pumping and so on. But still an odd light remains

Enquiries were made that revealed someone was in a hurry this morning and stopped the machine so they could empty it.
That I find in the instructions, deep, very deep is totally forbidden.
Now requires an amazing set of steps and key pushes to void the memory, end the cycle and move on.
No chance, we've now lost the settings for the hardness of local water.
Genius that I am I had scribbled it inside the cover of the instructions.
Only noticed that after I had been on line found a number. But this number is a different unit to the number on the machine settings. Find a conversion factor and apply it.
Right, set the machine in motion. Now it insists I fill the salt in the water softener.
45 minutes later the machine is running normally as far as I can tell.
Time saving device of course.

Bed time, dishwasher on time.

Hormonal thing has lit a lot of lights and seems to be trippin uit.

Have to get the instructions. 50 odd pages of English translated from German by a Chinese with a lisp.
Find that I have not installed the management app.
Tried switching off at the mains and restarting.
No way!
Lots of noise and pumping and so on. But still an odd light remains

Enquiries were made that revealed someone was in a hurry this morning and stopped the machine so they could empty it.
That I find in the instructions, deep, very deep is totally forbidden.
Now requires an amazing set of steps and key pushes to void the memory, end the cycle and move on.
No chance, we've now lost the settings for the hardness of local water.
Genius that I am I had scribbled it inside the cover of the instructions.
Only noticed that after I had been on line found a number. But this number is a different unit to the number on the machine settings. Find a conversion factor and apply it.
Right, set the machine in motion. Now it insists I fill the salt in the water softener.
45 minutes later the machine is running normally as far as I can tell.
Time saving device of course.

We have a dishwasher here chez Casa Reynard.

Me.

Armed with a bowl of hot soapy water and a scourer sponge. :angel:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A long day and now I can't sleep :cursing:

Firstly a drive to Lincoln to collect son no. 1 and also a business Teams meeting. Fortunately no-one realised I was in a coffee shop on my phone as the Teams invite was missing and everyone had a 'group video call'.

All done, then a drive to Chatteris in Cambridgeshire plus a brief lunch stop in March. Chatteris looks nice enough, at least nicer than Dewsbury (small Fenland market town with small but pretty housing), and I bought a new 'office' plant in the garden centre there.

Finally, dropped son no. 1 back off in Lincoln and collected a bike in north Nottinghamshire before heading home. And somewhere in there I also fitted in a day's work.

Good morning.

A dishwasher came with the current flat; I've never used it.

Flat owner can't understand how my electricity bill is so low...

Top Bottom