Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Isla bikes, you mean.

If that's true, then it's another pain in the arse for us shorter riders, as there's not much out there that's really decent quality in terms of smaller frames as it is. Wiggins bikes are no longer made either.

Quite right, Isla bikes. Not to be confused with shorts of Islay malts. My mistake.

I think that once they got going, other companies such as Frog bikes and Hoy bikes moved in on their niche and crowded the market. Isla bikes are not insolvent which is why they're still trading but Isla Rowntree and the current MD, Tim Goodall, no longer want to continue under current trading conditions.

Here in sunny SW France it has been persisting down all flipping day and we have been erecting an electric fence round a new field for the horses .......l am going off horses !!

Good thing about horses, is that if it all gets too much, you can at least chuck the blasted things into the crock pot... :unsure:

P.S. a horse steak is actually very good (leaner than beef), and the cured Filet d'Anvers you can get in Belgium is SO worth trying. It's like Bresaola but way better.

Mike_P

Guru
It's way past time to feed the cat. And I'd better feed me too.

Had the cat not been telling you ?

Just been to Sainsbury's for shopping including another pair of cheap 2 pints of milk (Last day of the offer). Had actually stopped raining so use of the car was not mandatory but Sainsburys by bike when it's dark is not fun as the cycle route goes through a wood unlit.
Not happy with Waitrose. No sign of this weeks vouchers beyond the paper.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Despite the wet start to the day, the sun came out just as we got to the crematorium and put a good start to the family & friends gathering before the ceremony. As specified by my aunt, the funeral itself was a short non-religious one and was followed by a wake & buffet at a local pub where I left my mum to get on with family things while I sat on the sidelines.

Normally I don't drive long distances on week days and today showed why - 240 mile round trip on dual carriageways/motorways (A14, A12, M25 & M23) at an average speed of 44 mph!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thursday evening is usually the start of the weekend for me, but that will have to be put back 24 hours as I've volunteered to work tomorrow. How we can have 5 managers and yet none of them noticed that we'd only got 2 staff on duty (both on the early shift) on Friday is beyond me. One of the two on duty has moved to a late shift as it suited her and I'm going in extra at 9am to provide assistance for the busy part of the day. The replacement day off will be taken in a couple of week's time meaning my first day at work in November will be the 14th ^_^

Top Bottom