Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Grey day so far with a bit of wind.
Summoned to the GP this morning for a review of my last bloods and anything else which occurs to them or me.

Plaintive calls for lifts as winter timetables kick in. Buses do not connect with ferries and there are Sunday ferries but no buses.
The last Iona ferry will wait for the bus if it is late and they have been told bus passengers wish to travel.
At Fishnish they had an informal headlight flashing signal system to ask the ferry to wait a few minutes for passengers.

There are lots of stories about the bus service when it was a local company but no time to give them now.

Had the excitement of choosing which box of cereal to open today as the box with cardboard tasting hoops i finished yesterday

"Open the box or take the money?"

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I see Islabikes is finishing. Sad, as they seemed to produce great kids bikes. :sad:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I see Islabikes is finishing. Sad, as they seemed to produce great kids bikes. :sad:

Yes, it's a big shame. My elder granddaughter has outgrown hers but it survived everything that was thrown at it … and everything it was thrown at. There's some consolation in that the kids' bike market improved noticeably since Islabikes came in. It now remains to be seen whether the companies that moved in on their market continue to show a positive interest in kids' bikes instead of simply being there for the money.

postman

Squire
postman full of energy took walk to Aldi.All facemasked up,he took on the challenge of filling his tuck box with chocolate goodies,at sensible prices.Spent over eight pounds got loads.One happy bunny.Saw the lady who helps me at Pantry,she says she misses me and she said so do the others.How nice is that,but i have to be sensible i must not get any infections during chemo.All is well in Postmans world.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good afternoon from Suffolk where the weather appears to have finally made up its mind and settled for sunny.

I woke up just after 5 this morning and just couldn't get back to sleep, so stayed under the warm duvet listening to the radio. It's been a very quiet day at work so I wasn't really needed, but it does give me that long stretch off at the start of November so it's not all bad. A few emails have been read, a few more have been deleted and a couple of others have been replied to and that's been it. More time was spent booking a couple of gig tickets than doing any actual work.

The last coffee of the working week is about 5 minutes away from drinking temperature.

Top Bottom