Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Had a nice day that involved a visit to some relatives, seaside and a longish coastal walk and some fish and chips.

This evening, I've been relaxing with some Hop House 13 and watching another Fred Dinah DVD.

Now time to visit the Land of Nod as morning and enslavement will come soon. I've got my Aveling and Porter steamed up and ready for the off. I hope there are EV charging stations coal merchants along the way.

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a nice day that involved a visit to some relatives, seaside and a longish coastal walk and some fish and chips.

This evening, I've been relaxing with some Hop House 13 and watching another Fred Dinah DVD.

Now time to visit the Land of Nod as morning and enslavement will come soon. I've got my Aveling and Porter steamed up and ready for the off. I hope there are EV charging stations coal merchants along the way.
Coal! No turf round those parts!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Travel update - I decided to stick it out and I'm glad I did as The Bug Club put on a storming performance this evening.
We finally arrived at Nottingham at just gone quarter past seven - two and three quarter hours later than scheduled - which gave me plenty of time to fill out two lots of delay repay claims on the way. Just enough time to book into the hotel, have a shower, a mug of coffee, wolf down some food and make it to the Rescue Rooms in time for the support act (Good News - they were very good).
Let's see what tomorrow's return journey brings.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
When we did business trips to Glasgow in our van we always stopped at a kebab place before the two hour drive to Oban with a full load. It gave us just enough time to catch the near midnight ferry and a little time to spare in case of delay on the road.
Happy days.

When I lived in Stoneygate there was a Kebab shop where the owners cooked over Charcoal instead of one of those gas powered things with the metal bars, absolutely fantastic and the Salad was so fresh. It was there that I developed my theory, if the Salad looks fresh the Kebab will be good but if it looks 'tired' and a bit manky then 'caveat emptor' you're likely to be riding the porcelein pony in the morning.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm nearly up.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Very red sky when I got up this morning but brightening up now.Yellow alerts for icy underfoot but probably not here which was 5.2C when I got up.
Nothing of note this morning. Just a visit to Calmac office and then kick myself to get out on the trike about lunchtime when the temperature should have risen a bit.

Mike_P

Guru
Travel update - I decided to stick it out and I'm glad I did as The Bug Club put on a storming performance this evening.
We finally arrived at Nottingham at just gone quarter past seven - two and three quarter hours later than scheduled - which gave me plenty of time to fill out two lots of delay repay claims on the way. Just enough time to book into the hotel, have a shower, a mug of coffee, wolf down some food and make it to the Rescue Rooms in time for the support act (Good News - they were very good).
Let's see what tomorrow's return journey brings.

Issue was apparently a point failure where the line from Grantham joins that from Lincoln/Newark; the latter being the default route as the Grantham line junction was reinstated by BR as trains on that line had run to other now closed Nottingham stations for many years.

Top Bottom