Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
According to the East Midlands Railway info page there's signalling problems at the moment. They are running from Peterborough to Nottingham but no further due to flooding (normally carries on to Liverpool). I'm booked on the 15:23 so there's time to sort it out - I hope ^_^

If it isn't running and no replacement bus turns up an alternative would be an ECML train to Newark Northgate and walk to Newark Castle, just under a mile to get a Nottingham train from there at 1705 - next two being 1808 and 1921. Obviously could be a ticket issue.

Mike_P

Guru
And so back to Sainsburys went the ebike and the overcharged £1 duly refunded. Thence a slight battle with traffic to the recycling site to gain the cycle route towards Morrisons for a light shop, notably to get 100 bonus Morrisons points - with my current level of spend might result in some money off voucher in 2025. Onto Lidl for a similar light shop together making a fullish rucksack.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Oh the shame .Part of my posts about possible reduction in tax for those in the highest tax bracket was removed because it contained political comment

Wouldn’t know how to make a political comment if my life depended on it.
HUMBLE APOLOGIES

No need to apologise pawl, people need reminding from time to time that some of the decisions that our employees make are less than equitable.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If it isn't running and no replacement bus turns up an alternative would be an ECML train to Newark Northgate and walk to Newark Castle, just under a mile to get a Nottingham train from there at 1705 - next two being 1808 and 1921. Obviously could be a ticket issue.

Thanks for the suggestions but those would get in too late and EMR are running - sort of!

Made the mistake at Ely of not waiting for the direct coach and took the earlier one that visits the three intermediate stations, but made it to Peterborough with plenty of time for a coffee. EMR train arrived on time, but left 10 minutes late, then we were told that there's still signalling delays ☹️. Looks like I'll be putting in for two lots of delay repay claims on Monday.

A sensible suggetsion in the circumstances, but that it needs to be made at all... my goodness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom