Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out to be a nice sunny day tho’ a brisk northerly wind kept the temperature down.
I should really have been out on my trike but just feel too tired and lacking motivation.
Did get a very short walk and the town is getting back to normal but still a few walking along the middle of the street with no thought for motorised traffic who are expected to keep out of their way.
No motorhomes in the main car park for the first time for months. They have been replaced by van conversions which look like they are permanently lived in. One certainly seems to live there long term and it clearly has a chimney for a solid fuel stove.
Apart from that one the rest are newly there so probably touroid.
There is a housing shortage here and in Oban and I came across a lecturer at the local college who lived in a lwb van conversion along with his wife. He moved the van regularly and said he had not found any hostility.

postman

Squire
A two hour walk around Meanwood today,called in to Aldi wearing a mask i might add.just to top up the tuck box.packet of Kit Kats and packet of mint chocolate penguin bars but an Aldi name and a bag of mixed nuts without raisins :hyper:much better than Sainsbugs.Then onward to the park a takeaway latte and a pork pie,expensive but oh boy they are lovely.Next time i might try to see if Aldi do a pork pie.All in all a great time topped off with the news United beat Norwich.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Hopefully it will be dry enough to get out for an hour or so shortly.
It was, but about an hour later it wasn't - my shoes should have dried out by the time I come home on Monday :rain::rain::rain:

Still no update from Greater Anglia about the train sitiuation tomorrow, so I still don't know if I'm riding or driving to Nottingham.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Replacement cyclo-cross bike bid on, won and am hopefully collecting next week. Disc-braked rather than rim-braked but it seems to be a bit of a bargain if the mis-description proves to be incorrect.

That took less time than planned, so I'll also have a temporary bike to sell along with a frameset. Anyone want a hardly used 56cm 2013 Genesis Volant 30? :whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Replacement cyclo-cross bike bid on, won and am hopefully collecting next week. Disc-braked rather than rim-braked but it seems to be a bit of a bargain if the mis-description proves to be incorrect.

That took less time than planned, so I'll also have a temporary bike to sell along with a frameset. Anyone want a hardly used 56cm 2013 Genesis Volant 30? :whistle:
As it is in the pictures?
What's yer asking price?

Top Bottom