Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did they fall off the back of a lorry?

Crumbs! :ohmy:

cookiemonster

Squire
fish.jpg

^_^

postman

Squire
Up a bit earlier this morning,the weather is lovely,watery sunshine and dry.Reason i am up is i have a heart scan at the Infirmary,i hope all my yeas of cycling pay off this morning and the old heart is in fine nick.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry with sun shining in my front windows just now but black clouds seem to be moving in from the north.
Temp was 4.1C when I got up at 0730.
Need to do battle with the Calmac website to rebook a booking which has already been rebooked once due to my unscheduled hospital visit. Thinking about this it may be better to leave it till tomorrow and visit the local office to sort it out.
The old booking and ticketing system was flexible but the new system recently introduced has no leeway and you can only book for a specific ferry with a ticket to match. If you cannot make it to that ferry the ticket is void and your return trip cancelled.
It is called progress by Calmac but everyone else has a different name for it.:wacko:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright & sunny Suffolk where the first cuppa of the day has just been finished.
The rail line is still blocked due to flooding so it looks like a mixed mode trip to Nottingham today. I really don't fancy the 3 hour drive (even with a break at Donington Park) and the same back again tomorrow due to a late night tonight, so I'll drive to Ely and get the (previously scheduled) rail replacement bus to Peterborough and then the EMR train to Nottingham.

Mike_P

Guru
Good morning from a bright & sunny Suffolk where the first cuppa of the day has just been finished.
The rail line is still blocked due to flooding so it looks like a mixed mode trip to Nottingham today. I really don't fancy the 3 hour drive (even with a break at Donington Park) and the same back again tomorrow due to a late night tonight, so I'll drive to Ely and get the (previously scheduled) rail replacement bus to Peterborough and then the EMR train to Nottingham.

Good luck.

Mike_P

Guru

Are you sure the train is running ? The current first listed from Peterborough to Nottingham is cancelled and seems to be no bus replacement https://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/ldbboard/dep/PBO

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Are you sure the train is running ? The current first listed from Peterborough to Nottingham is cancelled and seems to be no bus replacement https://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/ldbboard/dep/PBO

According to the East Midlands Railway info page there's signalling problems at the moment. They are running from Peterborough to Nottingham but no further due to flooding (normally carries on to Liverpool). I'm booked on the 15:23 so there's time to sort it out - I hope ^_^

Top Bottom