Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning. Eventful commute: To work via butchers to pick up the order for the cafe, then after delivery back out to the local Edeka (Local Tescos/Waitrose). On the way I noticed my neighbours have their Yellow Bags (Plastics and light metals) out for the recycling so I swung back via my apartment to put mine out.

Traffic was so bad that I still managed to be quicker that a car would have managed...

Don't they go in the closet?

Well, you would know...

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning. Eventful commute: To work via butchers to pick up the order for the cafe, then after delivery back out to the local Edeka (Local Tescos/Waitrose). On the way I noticed my neighbours have their Yellow Bags (Plastics and light metals) out for the recycling so I swung back via my apartment to put mine out.

Traffic was so bad that I still managed to be quicker that a car would have managed...

You have a butchers that opens this early?

That’s the way it should be. Been decades since it was last like that here. :sad:

I emigrated just around the time the large shops were allowed to open on a Sunday in the UK.

Sundays a very quiet all day; I can even cycle down 'main' roads in the more rural areas and only get overtaken a couple of times, so I can plan accordingly.

Being in a "conservative" society isn't always a bad thing.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Raining well here
Looks like we had a good 15-20 mm of rain overnight.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A bit windy but the forecast seems to have been a bit out and nothing like as bad as expected. Not raining either.
No ferry this morning as the small one is still stuck on the pier at Craignure and not Oban tho' Calmac gave the impression it was there. This means no other boat can get in to load or unload.
Desperate pleas on FB from people wanting lifts to either Ft William or Oban via Fishnish/Lochaline as they have to get to airports etc and cannot go via Oban as planned.
The mobile cinema which is very popular cannot get here and there will be no mail and possibly no coop van either. At least one enterprising van driver made an early start and has arrived with some deliveries and one shop reports it has a delivery of pet food this morning.
Panic buying will no doubt start soon.

Top Bottom