Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Ebike commute to WAH via Aldi as overnight rain had ceased and today's showers and thunder yet to arrive.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I had the battery life on my phone drop recently, I was trying a different weather app at the time, once the app was uninstalled it went back to normal.

Yes, you have to watch with some apps. Don't know about your phone, but I can go into the settings and it lists what apps have used most battery life by percentage. I think my highest is usually the Garmin connect app.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not raining and not too windy. Just saving it up to make it worse later. Bundle of joy this morning.:rolleyes:
Need to go and collect meds and then try to sort out the jumble the hospital nurses have left me. They just open a packet and take pills out at random so everything has to be checked now for reordering.
Trees down in lots of places after the wind yesterday and the early morning train from Oban has hit a fallen tree at Dalmally.
The morning boats have been cancelled for some unspecified reason but it cannot be weather. My early warning text messaging service regarding ferry disruption has expired so I need to renew that every 6 months. They used to warn you but not any longer and if not paying attention you only notice when you get no warnings of disruption.

A local delivery driver is a bit teed off and announces he will not deliver your parcel if your dog is outside as he had to take evasive action to avoid getting bitten too many times recently.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just had an Email from the Tivoli theatre in Wimborne. Adam Ant is on stage Saturday

tyred

Legendary Member
I had the battery life on my phone drop recently, I was trying a different weather app at the time, once the app was uninstalled it went back to normal.

I found that happened a few years ago when I installed the government's COVID close contact app. It was a known issue with and why everyone removed it again.

I haven't installed anything new in quite a while but I think I can look at battery usage per app do will have a look later.

The phone is over 3 year old now so I had just been putting it down to old age.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning (but only just) from a grey and occasionally wet Suffolk. I seem to be a one man band for this department in the office today as everyone else has gone off to Tottenham stadium for a jolly with freebies conference.

Very warm but windy start to the day and I got lucky by commuting in the dry with the rain starting just as I was making the first cuppa of the day. Three hours and forty minutes until the start of the weekend and (hopefully) four hours and forty minutes until the rain starts again.

Top Bottom