Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I like toast. I know it's overkill but I'd love one of those Dualit automatic machines that you find in hotel breakfast rooms. My fantasy challenge is to set up such a machine and auto feed it with slices of wholemeal, while I'm at the other end with a knife and half a pound of Cornish butter with sea salt crystals 😁
Forgo the towels and min bar contents* at the next hotel you go to, leaving room instead for your toaster.

*They expect a certain number of those to be taken anyway. Going so far as to cover the cost in what you're paying for the room.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 710161

@biggs682 we're at Sywell Res if you're passing by 👌
Your daughter is, how shall I put this, a bit on the short side.
I am up early, for me, to meet up with No1 daughter for a sunrise walk around a local reservoir.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's cold but with clear blue skies. Bit of a late night watching the IMSA Petit Le Mans race from America so the first cuppa of the day has only just been had. There appears to be quite an enthusiastic youth football game going on at the local playing field judging by the sounds drifting this way.

Didn't get a chance to cut the grass yesterday afternoon, so I'm hoping to have time today once I get back from wherever I go later.

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny if cool day. Early lunchtime sandwich as the road bike beckons this afternoon; kit for once sourced in plenty of time; quite a hunt in the bike kit wardrobe for the long sleeve merino wool base layer and some time spent sourcing matching leg warmers - thought they were all bundled in pairs but seemingly had unravelled.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I like toast. I know it's overkill but I'd love one of those Dualit automatic machines that you find in hotel breakfast rooms. My fantasy challenge is to set up such a machine and auto feed it with slices of wholemeal, while I'm at the other end with a knife and half a pound of Cornish butter with sea salt crystals 😁

The toaster stopped working, and I did not buy another one. The microwave has a grill function, and using that means I can have superb toast, with just the right amount of toastiness.

I use Warburton's Plant Power (wholemeal, with twelve seeds, pulses and grains) that is half an inch thick. Result = Wonderful toast.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If you had a a tall narrow garden would you need a portrait gardener to work on it ? :whistle:

You will need to adjust the borders of the portrait.

The toaster stopped working, and I did not buy another one. The microwave has a grill function, and using that means I can have superb toast, with just the right amount of toastiness.

I use Warburton's Plant Power (wholemeal, with twelve seeds, pulses and grains) that is half an inch thick. Result = Wonderful toast.

Why doesn't burning grass smell like toast ? :wacko:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
6 miles? My dog walks a kilometer , then lays down and refuses to walk any further. She hates to be away from Mrs. GA for any period of time.

Daughter & I walked 6. Bonnie probably did an extra few, too, as she's running in front and back again most of the time. And she's still bouncing around at the end!! 😂

Top Bottom