Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Mike_P - my local Co-Op has had a re-jig round. I'm convinced whoever did the planogram was playing with "My First Shop" software as it's absolutely nonsensical.

Chilled desserts are with cheese, but yoghurts are with fruit juice. Pet food is by the beer but the wine is next to the biscuits two aisles away. Cards are by the packets sauce but stationary is elsewhere with household stuff.

My local Tesco is now much the same, especially after the refurb. The old layout was logical. The new one most definitely isn't.

And some bright spark put the pet food in the same aisle as the laundry detergents and conditioners - not great when you consider that cat biscuits and dog biscuits are packed in cardboard boxes and paper sacks and the detergent perfume is intense enough to give any one a headache. Bought a pack of treats that Lexi likes previous week, and she's refusing to touch them. Probably because they taste of detergent perfume.

I did have a word about it with my usual till lady, and she said she'd have a word with management about that.

The garage is already looking a lot better. I've made space at the front for the trailer, and I've moved stuff around so that I can actually get to it. Unsurprisingly, the tyres were very flat, which made it impossible to lock on the doodad from the track pump onto the valves because they kept disappearing into the wheel.

Cue the scissor jack I found in a pile of stuff. Jacked up the trailer, so that I could get my hand into the wheel and press the valve out through the rim from behind. Tyres successfully pumped up now, and bar emptying the stuff that got randomly dumped into the trailer, that's good to go.

I've enough stuff for a tip run, I think. That includes some camping gear (mattress and bedding) that the mice have chewed up - I used to use it back in the day when I was covering 24 hour races to grab a bit of kip on the back seat of the car), some broken electricals, a box full of very knackered bubble wrap, a holey bucket and some broken flower pots.

Will carry on with this tomorrow if I'm not feeling too tired.

Anyways, now sat down with a :cuppa: and some Lindor.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
After having 'flu jab; company policy for all managers, in 1976 and having a bad reaction to it, I've not had one since. I'm now 70, not had 'flu to date, so don't plan on having a 'flu jab now. :whistle:

Until the covid epidemic I had avoided the flu jab for ten years or more. Now, however, I think that a week of feeling ill, is better than contracting a more serious disease. That's my opinion and others may have a different opinion. It would depend on one's general health and resistance to disease.

On a lighter note, Bob was very pleased to see me at 5.30am this morning.

Top Bottom