Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The recently erected post that we can see out of our fr upstairs windows now looks like it has a CCTV camera attached to the top of it

https://northnorthants.citizenspace.com/community-safety/queensway-cctv/

Wow. Is that in a residential area?

The old CC Mundane-O-Meter is almost off the scale today!

1696420318911.png

Mike_P

Guru
New laptop arrived almost with a bang as Evri and Parcelforce nearly had a coming together. Box clearly labelled as to which way up sent in a grey plastic wrap with no such markings. Typical minimal printed instructions do actually extend beyond the location power button and the supplied PSU is 20 watts less than that of Lenovo. Will leave it to acclimatise before switching on. Did seem a touch cold last night.

Afraid so

Crikey. Constitutionally illegal here, thank goodness. There's more public CCTV cameras on that map than in the entire city of Stuttgart.

A bright, blustery and mild day, though it feels cooler than it actually is thanks to that fairly stiff breeze.

Slept well but still a bit tired after spending much of yesterday in the kitchen, and then frying my brain working on my archive after. Grass is still to damp to cut, but the forecast for the rest of this week and into next is looking good, so I'll definitely get that done. In the mean time, I've decided to tidy up the garage.

The ulterior motive is to be able to drag the trailer out from the back, and bring it to the front where I can a) get to it and then b) actually use it. There is a lot of firewood to be had where the drainage board cut down several trees a few years back, but it's just much too big a job to do using a wheelbarrow. It'll be SO much easier to hitch the trailer to the mower and bring the wood in that way.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

Sun is rising and full on the workshop window. I've had to close the blinds and put the lights on until it moves around a bit.

have a friend w/ a photo studio in an old factory with huge windows. she had to completely black them out in order to light her product subjects correctly. when I was an assistant in a Manhattan fashion studio, we did the same. but sometimes we got to open the shades & do a setup using natural light but it was a lot of work. the better days were when we rented an RV & brought our gear & models to Central Park or the NY Met of Art for photo sessions

right now I manage my time on treadmills at the gym near the big windows. on cold days they provide warmth, on hot days I go to the ones in shade

I love nature & windows, with discretion

Lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with chicken, the other with cheddar and the pan scrapings from yesterday's chutney making, plus a Barnack Beauty apple, a pear and two :cuppa:

That chutney is bloody lovely - still a bit harsh as it's not matured, but it's got a fabulous sweet-sour and fruity flavour, with some background heat from the chilli, pepper and ginger that makes your tongue tingle a bit.

Just letting my lunch tamp down a bit before I disappear back into the garage to carry on moving things around. It's a bit like doing one of those picture puzzles with the little moveable pieces.

Top Bottom