Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Time for bed here too.

Lunch was taken, tomato chutney has been made, football listened to, supper eaten and I've spent the rest of the evening working on the photo database.

The number of thumbnails on my laptop equals the number of photos in the 1990 database. I know I still have to scan one picture out of an issue of Auto Hebdo and cross-check a Leyton House publicity photo with an excerpt from Autocar & Motor. My brain is convinced they're one and the same, but it's best to check.

I've made a start on the 1989 segment, and it's the same thing as 1990 - pictures lurking in dark corners of my laptop hard drive that I'd completely forgotten about. Although I know I'm the one who originally scanned them as the files all use the naming system I have for such like.

Search using *.jpeg, or whatever picture format you use. .PNG, .jpg etc

All my image files are in a particular directory on the HDD. The question is finding which sub-directory they're in, as some of them have migrated from computer to computer in various guises since 1996, and prior to me getting my first desktop that year, lurking on a stack of floppy discs.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm up. Dog's out in the garden doing a No 2. Tea's brewing. First load of washing is churning away (towels)

Top Bottom