Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely lunch of a chicken sandwich, an apple, an orange and two :cuppa:

Arsenal won. Unfortunately, the Spuds also won - though they shouldn't have, as PMGOL have admitted they f*cked up and disallowed a Liverpool goal that should have stood.

Now watching men in tight shorts playing with a funny-shaped ball.

Didn't go walnut furkling as I feel distinctly under the weather. Didn't sleep well, and am a bit of a snot factory today. Just feel so tired and run down.

Fish, chips and tomato salad for supper tonight.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Drag Race?

No a night out

Curiously, after our shopping trip, Wednesday, we got home & realised things that had been put in the trolley were missing. They weren't on the bill either & definitely weren't in the trolley. Either someone took them out of the trolley or they were taken off the belt. Very strange.

I bet they were lifted out of the trolley. Welcome to the world of a yellow sticker-er - happens regularly to me.

MOTD watched and :cuppa: drunked.

Going to spend the rest of the evening trying to work out what's the best way to create a database of all the Paul Warwick photos / images in my collection. I've certainly around 600-ish at best guess (have acquired another half dozen over the last 10 days), and things have gotten well past the stage where it's still possible to keep all this stuff straight in my head.

At its most basic, it's to figure out what I have got and what I haven't. To complicate matters, some photos come in multiple different crops and resolutions.

I also want to make notes on whether photos are amateur, professional but unpublished, professional and published, and, if appeared in print, where and when. Some photos belong to the same shoot, others get re-used multiple times, particularly those that were part of a press pack, and I want to be able to cross-reference this kind of stuff.

Lastly, all the standard info wants going in, so date, location, photographer, image source etc, and whether I've a print or transparency of a particular image in the archive.

It'll probably mean I've also got a fair bit of scanning ahead of me, as I don't have digital files of every single picture in the collection.

classic33

Leg End Member
MOTD watched and :cuppa: drunked.

Going to spend the rest of the evening trying to work out what's the best way to create a database of all the Paul Warwick photos / images in my collection. I've certainly around 600-ish at best guess (have acquired another half dozen over the last 10 days), and things have gotten well past the stage where it's still possible to keep all this stuff straight in my head.

At its most basic, it's to figure out what I have got and what I haven't. To complicate matters, some photos come in multiple different crops and resolutions.

I also want to make notes on whether photos are amateur, professional but unpublished, professional and published, and, if appeared in print, where and when. Some photos belong to the same shoot, others get re-used multiple times, particularly those that were part of a press pack, and I want to be able to cross-reference this kind of stuff.

Lastly, all the standard info wants going in, so date, location, photographer, image source etc, and whether I've a print or transparency of a particular image in the archive.

It'll probably mean I've also got a fair bit of scanning ahead of me, as I don't have digital files of every single picture in the collection.
How about date taken, along with a seperate picture size and location.

If you have it covered in one, you simply look for any more in that file at the same place/time/size. Initially it sounds a lot to do, but if on computer you'll end up copying and pasting a lot as you assemble each one. Leaving you to refer to the relevant file.

Top Bottom