Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Define 'professional', I've seen some right cack floors supposedly done by reputable companies with quadrant mouldings all around, bulges mid floor where they laid it on uneven subfloors without a sufficiently thick 'barrier layer' and creaks in random places again due to this.
A competent DIY'er could have done a better job far better than an erk with a Van who just wants to bosh it in and run off asap.

My friend's son does flooring so we have had a quote .
I laid our last floor but I'm a lot older and now have visits from the fairies at times so it might not ever get done . I prefer to do things that I know what I'm doing . Mind you I fitted our new bathroom and shower and didn't know what I was doing !

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Watching a few things on youtube and come across this @oldwheels

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5-3xtFsH0

Interesting.
The bus is reminiscent of the old mail buses which were forerunners of the present post buses. The rear seats were blanked off for a large luggage compartment.
I have cycled on pretty well all the roads in the north over many years and the film shows them much as they were then.
I do take issue with some of the commentary and the commentator’s cod scotch accent makes me grue.

I think the ferry shown going into Portree was in fact the Stornaway boat from the main port of Kyle of Lochalsh or Mallaig. When we travelled on it you got silver service in the dining area.

I was never into rock climbing and going up a rock face with nothing but a safety line and lots of fresh air below gives me the creeps.

Lovely supper tonight of cream of tomato & basil soup, followed by grilled tomato & mozzarella on toast.

At this rate, I might turn into a tomato LOL

Mind, it was all very nice :hungry:

I have come to bed early.In my many years watching telly i have never seen such utter drivel as Bake Off Extra Slice.It stinks more than a rotten egg.Its utter tripe,its pathetic its as funny as a broken leg.oh my word the jokes and banter are so awful.How Mrs P is watching that i have no idea.

I don't watch the GBBO, but when it was still on the BBC, I used to watch Extra Slice, because it had Jo Brand on it. She's caustic alright, but sooo very funny.

Top Bottom