Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning.

It's a bit nippy this morning; a warm top and cup of tea are first priority. I'll have to concentrate to make sure I don't mix them up...

Last edited:
You'll not be cycling whilst your driving though, and vice versa.

Oh dear; I was clearly speaking Denglish there: The German word Fahren, (To drive) is used to describe the act of controlling a bicycle or car; reiten, or riding, is only used when on a horse. I clearly have been here too long.

The next stage will be when I the verbs at the end of the sentence writing begin.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Oh dear; I was clearly speaking Denglish there: The German word Fahren, (To drive) is used to describe the act of controlling a bicycle or car; reiten, or riding, is only used when on a horse. I clearly have been here too long.

The next stage will be when I the verbs at the end of the sentence writing begin.

I've been learning German in dribs and drabs since visiting our daughter who worked for a time in Berlin. It's a language I find both interesting and frustrating, due to my inability to get my head around various bits of the grammar. In a " lull " phase at the moment, but I know I'll be lured back.

Have a look at 'engineered wood' flooring.

We've got a few samples of different products , all varying prices. Some are laminate with something like a covering of wallpaper which has a 20 year guarantee. Some real wood has 1 mm layer whilst some have 6mm. Also the backing material varies from MDF to ply. In our last house I laid real oak flooring but I expect that is way too expensive now .

classic33

Leg End Member

Leave the Denglies out of this.
What's wrong with saying ich mit dem Fahrrad um den Parkplatz fahren!

Top Bottom