Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Car passed its MOT with no advisories but no progress on the squeak as neither the garage nor the MOT tester heard anything. Afternoon rain had thankfully abated by the time I abandoned work at home.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rather unsettling day.
Slept ok but never seemed to waken properly when I got up and did all the usual chores.
Had coffee about 10 o'clock and finished that then looked at the clock which said just after 11 o'clock.
I had been asleep for about an hour mid morning which is something I have never done before.
Finally got my act more or less together and gathered all the cast iron pans to take to the charity shop. I could advertise them for sale but just cannot be bothered. Settled on a shopping trolley as the best way to transport them as they are very heavy and added some mirror tiles I found as well.
Ready to go and it started to pour rain so that idea was shelved meantime. Mebbe tomorrow.

I have given in and the living room storage heater has been turned on.

Idiot entitled touroid takes to FB to complain that somebody harassed him wanting past while driving as fast as he thought was safe.
After all we should be eternally grateful that he has graced us with his presence and single handed kept the local economy afloat by giving vast sums to holiday home owners who probably don't even live here.
He got lots of reaction most of which was phrased reasonably politely under the circumstances and lots of suggestions as where he should go.

Almost time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Mike_P

Guru
Completely baffled why my sportscam will not accept the two new SD cards I have bought for it saying they are too low speed
The top read outs below are from one of the new ones, the bottom set from an existing SD card with a slower write speed which works fine.
Both are NTSF file system formatted.
sd card speed.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
Today started out nice but turned into a horrible wet day. Umbrella was required to walk to my dance class. I went into the newsagents enroute and pondered why they stock a magazine dedicated to Rolls-Royce and Bentley drivers as neither are exactly common around these parts. Probably so the Mrs. Buckets of this world can leave it on their coffee table.

I turned my thermostat up for a bit just to confirm my heating system actually works before winter set in but it is still very warm for the time of year.

Top Bottom