Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We went to a shop selling carpets and flooring this morning . My wife wants a wooden floor. We have had some samples ranging from laminate to wood and wanted to see some other examples . We were shock to see some laminated flooring as dear as real wood . Some examples of other wooden floors were warped and then I noticed some Swedish flooring . It was carp! The actual backing to the flooring was rougher than you find on fence panels . We won't be shopping there ! :angry:

Have a look at 'engineered wood' flooring.

I ate my lunch early, due to anxiety, & now I am full :cry:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
reminds me, on one ride to upstate NY to visit girlfriend, while in my 20s, late at night, no traffic ahead of me, it was a dark night & I was driving at highway speeds & was seeing lots of signs of deer strikes, I'll spare the gory details, & at one point I got spooked & just blew the car horn, at which point an entire hillside of eye balls lit up! it was a large heard of deer, maybe 20-30 of them, BING! 60 eyeballs appeared out of nowhere! luckily, none were on the roadway in front of me

so even now, on lonely spooky highways, when there's no other traffic ahead of me, I'll blow the car horn. just checking!

I remember on one occasion, riding my motorbike on a familiar road in Hertfordshire, I was puzzled by the curve in the cat's eyes* I was seeing. It was a herd of deer crossing the road.

* Cat's eyes in the UK are the reflectors in the middle of the road.

Ride one while carrying the other, then ride the one you carried in, carrying the one you rode in on your return trip.
This way you get to ride two bikes.

I rode one to work and back, then got the Brompton and cycled back to the railway station to catch the train for my appointment.

Also I get to ride lots of bikes around and call it "testing"...

I remember on one occasion, riding my motorbike on a familiar road in Hertfordshire, I was puzzled by the curve in the cat's eyes* I was seeing. It was a herd of deer crossing the road.

* Cat's eyes in the UK are the reflectors in the middle of the road.

A story my Grandad told from the war: he was a railwayman and therefore officially 'exempt' from military service: one night when walking home from work a police man stopped him. He thought the copper was checking his ID card (as a male out of uniform he was used to this) but the policeman said "look at this" and shone his torch down a dark street. Hundreds of tiny eyes lit up; all the rats in the neighbourhood were apparently having a meeting...

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bin's have bin emptied. 3 mile walk completed (with a tea, cake & a free sausage (for Bonnie) at Mill Yard café)
Now chilling out on the settee for an hour or so.

simongt

Guru
Prompted by a trip to a local bakery that does filled sandwiches & rolls among it's other fare yesterday. Whilst waiting for our order, a lass came in around 12.45h. and asked for a filled roll with some filling or other. Nothing odd there you would say; until the staff member told the lass that they'd run out of butter - ! :wacko:

Think we should have a 'Meldrew Moment' thread for such occasions that we see / experience that are just so stupid / daft / idiotic that we 'Don't believe it - !' :laugh:

Top Bottom