Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning.

Currently deciding which bike to ride to work; ah, the decadance of wealth.
Ride one while carrying the other, then ride the one you carried in, carrying the one you rode in on your return trip.
This way you get to ride two bikes.

One thing about early morning dog walks with a head torch is random yellow eyes appear. Todays pair was the one of the local foxes dashing around.

reminds me, on one ride to upstate NY to visit girlfriend, while in my 20s, late at night, no traffic ahead of me, it was a dark night & I was driving at highway speeds & was seeing lots of signs of deer strikes, I'll spare the gory details, & at one point I got spooked & just blew the car horn, at which point an entire hillside of eye balls lit up! it was a large heard of deer, maybe 20-30 of them, BING! 60 eyeballs appeared out of nowhere! luckily, none were on the roadway in front of me

so even now, on lonely spooky highways, when there's no other traffic ahead of me, I'll blow the car horn. just checking!

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
The day is going well

Warm, a bit blustery and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard. So far, there is a good correlation with @Jenkins assessment of the current weather situation.

Slept so-so. Just over-tired after yesterday's exertions - figured this was always going to be the case. I am having a quiet day today, but I will have to make a pot of tomato soup as a) I finished the carrot, sweet potato & red lentil soup last night, and b) I have a load of tomatoes that really want using.

I will spend some time going through the books, magazines and programmes I bought yesterday. That's always good fun. Some are for my archive, and others are to replace items that, over the years, are in danger of falling apart.

First though, it is time for luncheon.

We went to a shop selling carpets and flooring this morning . My wife wants a wooden floor. We have had some samples ranging from laminate to wood and wanted to see some other examples . We were shock to see some laminated flooring as dear as real wood . Some examples of other wooden floors were warped and then I noticed some Swedish flooring . It was carp! The actual backing to the flooring was rougher than you find on fence panels . We won't be shopping there ! :angry:

Top Bottom