Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
The mist has rolled in so much that I can no longer see the coast or much else for that matter

When I was young I thought that if I went to the top of the hills near our town that I would be able to see the sea from there. I did eventually get to the top of the hills but was disappointed to see more hills . Far to the West there looks to be a gap between two hills where the Bristol Channel might just be visible. I'll have to check it out on a fine day . I suspect that the hills curve round to obscure the view.

Sunshine and showers all day.

Grocery shopping completed. Persil has gone up in price again but I got some yellow sticker smoked trout which was lovely.:hungry:

Autocorrect tries to change Persil to parasol!

I had decided to put my sun lounger thing away for the year as I think the likelihood of sitting out on my balcony reading and sipping a beer in the sun is gone for this year. I had brought it into the living room on Saturday with the intention of letting it dry before storing it away. I discovered a load of rusty water must have seeped out of the frame tubes and made a mess and I had to wash the floor. :angry:

Thanks!
I had better take down our gazebo canopy before the storm hits !

Seems like I'm going to have to connect up my two tin cans with some wire as BT are going to phase out their land lines in 2025 .

Mike_P

Guru
Car taken to the garage. Started to walk home and realised I had left my house key on the front seat. U turn and just caught them in time, as they were turning the car to take it for the MOT. Well trudged route home as the garage is next to B&Q and Aldi. In hope they also find the source of the squeak told them I do not need it back today.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a lovely sunny and warm Suffolk. I don't know about Storm Agnes, it's more like Storm Inateacup round here.

Just finishing the first cuppa of the day and it looks like it's going to be a long day in the office - some pillock has re-interpreted the H&S regulations meaning that I can no longer go out and do the cargo checks I've been doing for the past 39 years in the job until I've been on a couple of courses. Looks like I've made the right decision on retirement.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull but still dry and a bit windy but nothing excessive. Calmac are putting out warnings of afternoon possible disruption but my forecast does not show anything bad enough for that.
Warnings out for possible flooding as there are very high tides Thursday to Saturday and coupled with the forecast high winds on those days flooding of Main St properties is possible and I certainly would not leave a car in the main car park.
In the past I have seen cars floating around there as we lived just above the car park at that time.
On one occasion the water rose in our downstairs toilet but stopped rising just before it came over the top. In those days the sewers ran straight out into the sea.
In my workshop down there all electrical stuff was 4ft above floor level and all machinery and anything else likely to get damaged was well up above possible flood level.

Top Bottom