Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got the new washing machine working at last. The plumber would not of course admit to leaving a kink in the water outlet but he changed the pipe run and on a short test run the pump worked ok.
To celebrate I undertook my least favourite task and changed the duvet cover for a working test run.
Got in a worse bourach than usual but got it changed in the end.
Machine worked ok so cancelled the exchange.
Sun appeared after lunch time for a few hours but now back to rain. Was tempted to go for a walk but could not be bothered after faffing around all morning.
I keep discovering things I had forgotten about like a set of cast iron pans which were hiding under the sink. They will never be used by me again tho’ I found strangely that one of them was better for making curry than any other pans. Taste was better somehow at least to my tasting.
The family have a fancy cooker which requires fancy pans so they will not want them. Charity shop is calling and some ethnico living in the Ross of Mull will certainly take them. The Ross seems full of suchlike people.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
What is a savaloy? Beyond being a sausage.
How can I have survived so long without knowing?

The WWW is your friend

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saveloy

Mike_P

Guru
Based on yesterdays forecast the ebike was staying in the shed but all change this morning and nearly a non stop ride to work, having to put in somewhat more effort in than the throttle controlled ebike that passed, riders legs asleep. Normal lunchtime trudge to Asda and after emptying the car for tomorrow's MOT and service, another this evening to the Co-Op; it's going to a big intake of Vit C this evening as the only oranges they had were bags of 4 huge ones.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Sunshine and showers all day.

Grocery shopping completed. Persil has gone up in price again but I got some yellow sticker smoked trout which was lovely.:hungry:

Autocorrect tries to change Persil to parasol!

I had decided to put my sun lounger thing away for the year as I think the likelihood of sitting out on my balcony reading and sipping a beer in the sun is gone for this year. I had brought it into the living room on Saturday with the intention of letting it dry before storing it away. I discovered a load of rusty water must have seeped out of the frame tubes and made a mess and I had to wash the floor. :angry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Or the new Gordon Murray G50 with a Cosworth V12 that revs to over 12,000rpm. :hyper:
If it's anything like the BMW based V12 that powered the original McLaren F1 then 😍😍😍

Or to drive the boy racers away, I'd suggest a Porsche 911 GT2 spec from the late 90's as it's one of the few engine noises I found painfully unpleasant on the ears.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Sorry for being a bit late on parade with the above, but today's been steadily busy so all I had time to do was a quick bit of catch up reading this morning while at work. Very poor night's sleep as something I ate or drank yesterday made sure that Anglian Water earned their bill overnight. Other than that, very little to report - a little drizzle on the morning commute was followed by a warm and sunny day once the clouds disappeared. It's still warm enough for me to be sat in the armchair in a t-shirt and shorts so long as I keep my feet warm in slippers.

The Paypal identification issues have been traced to the phones SIM card; apparently randomly decided that being in a phone and having absolutely no change of circumstances was an urgent instruction to stop working.; as I generally use the phone via my normal W-lan I hadn't noticed anything.

Taking the card out and replacing it then retyping the pin code resulted in a small avalanche of SMS messages appearing all at once.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If it's anything like the BMW based V12 that powered the original McLaren F1 then 😍😍😍

Or to drive the boy racers away, I'd suggest a Porsche 911 GT2 spec from the late 90's as it's one of the few engine noises I found painfully unpleasant on the ears.

Nah the German BMW V12 is a lorry engine compared to what the British Cosworth engine is, why do you think Gordon commissioned it from them when he had access to the engine he fitted into the McLaren when he designed that. Getting Cosworth to design and manufacture a very limited production run of engines was far more expensive though but a very similar version is being fitted to the new G30 albeit with slightly less power and revs but better torque

EDIT to correct an error, the new car is not a G30 but is in fact a G33

Last edited:
Top Bottom