Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lunchtime stroll completed around the yuppie neighborhood

tyred

Legendary Member
My McAfee subscription has expired apparently. I didn't even know I had one.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a better day than expected. Cold wind a little sunshine and a few showers.
Went down to the garage to return a tool somebody had kindly left in my car engine bay then went for a short walk up a forest road. Got back to shelter just in time to avoid a rain shower.
Coming out of the forest road on to the main road is a bit dodgy as it is just after a bend and the side road cannot be seen until cars doing around 60mph are only about 100 yards away. A motorhome doing an unmotorhome speed went past but fortunately I saw it in time to wait. The usual drill is look, listen and get up to speed as fast as possible. No dawdling. My wildlife pal has had a few narrow misses here coming out towing a trailer.
There is a sign but it is not visible until vehicles are round the corner. Probably it is a statuary distance in advance of the road entrance and dictated by somebody in Lochgilphead who has never been here.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We went a few years ago and it was amazing.
Were there any pups ?
Last time we went to Donna's knock which was very good

There were very few - maybe 5 or 6 on the beach. It's still a little early. Later in the breeding season, the Save the Seal wardens close off the shoreline and you have to stay on the dunes but it's still open. Sadly, there was one very small dead pup high on the beach.

Apart from that, watching them is engrossing.

Top Bottom