Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's been a warm and largely sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept OK-ish. Just wasn't quite warm enough in bed last night (even with the cat) so I shall either have to a) put another fleece throw on the bed or b) furkle in the cupboard for a nightie AKA large baggy t-shirt.

Went into town this morning. Managed to acquire two more cardboard trays from Tesco to deal with the walnuts and surfeit of tomatoes, and I took Colin for a trip to the petrol station. I'm driving to Gretton (Corby) tomorrow to meet up with a friend and to collect some motor racing memorabilia that I have purchased. We're planning on having a picnic, so hopefully the rain showers will have boogered off by lunchtime.

Have had a quiet afternoon, albeit one that included a nice girly pamper session.

Cat has been fed, and soon it will be time to feed me.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Garden has been tidied & lawn has been mown, hopefully for the last time this year... 👍

Mike_P

Guru
Also mowed the lawns. Back lawn I was doubtful it needed cutting but a completely full cuttings box. Front lawn looked very overgrown in comparison and despite being around a third of the back I was expecting the cuttings box to be far fuller than it was. That was all done and tided away in the time it took a quiche to be heated and left to cool a bit.
Then the ebike made its delayed Saturday visit to Waitrose necessitating use of the lights on the return. I had noted yoghurts were as cheap as they get on Saturday. Also picked up the last box on the shelf of the currently reduced priced granola. Almost 2kg in the rucksack - the yoghurts turned out to be 500g a pack which surprised me.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What a lovely day it turned out to be - almost wall to wall sunshine, not too warm and not too windy so shorts & short sleeved top when on the bike today. Got everything sorted out by early afternoon (Specsavers had my glasses in, they just forgot to call me) so went out for a quick 20 miles before the school run nutters started clogging up the roads.

Back to work tomorrow so a few packs of biscuits were added to the shopping to top up the treat tin in the office.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Loads of traffic noise tonight in yuppie vile , Numpton

Top Bottom